I'm sure she's fine, but...

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Grammastola Rosea. she's around 4 in, and has been on a diet of a crik every 5 days. however, the last time i fed her, i had (lazily) waited 2 more days (so she hadent eaten in a week). I managed to find a 2.5" locust for her, and she loved it. my question isn't so much "will she be okay", but "how long should i wait before feeding again?" Thx, guys! :cool:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
however, the last time i fed her, i had (lazily) waited 2 more days (so she hadent eaten in a week).
This is so not a big deal, it's actually funny. :D A diet of two crickets a week is more than enough for these guys...and not eating for weeks or months or a year (or two years, in the record case) won't affect them at all. I'm not even sure they notice.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"how long should i wait before feeding again?" Thx, guys! :cool:
After that, her abdomen will be a good size. Wait until you notice it has gotten a little smaller untill you feed her again. It's not a matter of time but the size of the abdomen that you need to pay attention to.

Last edited:

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was on wikipedia, looking up roseas, and it said 4 crix every 2 weeks. it's usually pretty reliable, tho, so i'm suprised. thx guys.

carrieh

Arachnopeon
My rose hair eats about 5 crickets a month. She has also been known to go 2-3 weeks without eating. I dont think she would eat every 5 days. I was told that was normal rosie behaviour.

Carrie

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my rosie has not eaten going on three months. it just decided to fast or is in premolt, i am not sure which. i have not even noticed a decrease in abdomen size and am not worried at all. i just make sure the water bowl is full and introduce a food item about once a month to see it will eat. it would eat around four darkling beetles a month, sometimes three.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My adult rosies, 2 females and one male, each eat one or two crickets a week. I wouldn't feed them more unless I decided to breed, then any gravid female would, of course, get more food.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm only a 2 month old noob, :) so i have to ask what "gravid" is. my guess would be mature/pregnant...

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rosea hasn't molted in almost 2 years. she will frequently go off her food (so i get excited about a possible molt) and then resume eating 4 weeks-4months later...

roseas are wierd that way... food and feeding patterns IMO for them jsut can't be that reliable... You'll know when she is hungry, just watch her...