Im so stupid

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
My Habronattus pyrithrix female made an eggsac a while back, and I had thought all of the slings were hatched and the eggsac was done. So I, being the stupid idiot I am decided to open up the eggs, and inside were a bunch of tiny baby jumping spiders, still fading off their yolk bellies. My question is, now that they have been ripped from their eggsac, is there any way I can prevent the from dying, how do I care for them until they molt? I currently have the slings, and used to be an eegsac in a 1 dram vial, do I need to make an incubator or something? Or do I just leave them and hope for the best?

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Can you gently tuck them back in the sac? Can you use surrogate webbing (like another jumpers hammock)?

Those are 2 things I’ve done before when the nest was too thin...and when I did the same thing and ripped it open. It worked really well, especially the surrogate webbing. I just tucked the whole egg sac into a hammock. You can also place it on cotton...like a cotton ball.

I’ve asked around to other breeders about incubation of jumping spider eggs and EWL, but no one had done it and they suggest I leave the babies with the mother. Which I do except for rare occasions. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

If you do incubate, leave the webbing in with them. They seem to really rely on the fluffy webbing in moms nest as EWL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Can you gently tuck them back in the sac? Can you use surrogate webbing (like another jumpers hammock)?
Those are 2 things I’ve done before when the nest was too thin...and when I did the same thing and ripped it open. It worked really well, especially the surrogate webbing. I just tucked the whole egg sac into a hammock. You can also place it on cotton...like a cotton ball.

I’ve asked around to other breeders about incubation of jumping spider eggs and EWL, but no one had done it and they suggest I leave the babies with the mother. Which I do except for rare occasions. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

If you do incubate, leave the webbing in with them. They seem to really rely on the fluffy webbing in moms nest as EWL.
I’m not sure how but the webbing left over sort of clumped into a really tight ball around them, I was worried they might suffocate so I stretched it out a bit, my biggest concern is that there is no clear entrance or exit so wHen they want to get out they might get trapped
image.jpg
I currently have them like this with some damp paper towel at the bottom just so they don’t completely dry out and are able to molt properly the eggsac is hanging on the glass. I don’t even know if they are even still alive.