Im new and wondering what this spider is

chickensandspiders

Arachnopeon
image.jpg Ok so basically i found this spider in my garage and feed it one of my mealworms and got attached and so i kept it and i think its a wolf spider but im not to sure it is. Also what should i feed her i feed her a mealworm and she seems happy. Sorry for the bad picture ill try to get another kne but i dont want to bother her more the picture only really shows her butt also shes not to big maybe the size of a penny.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Heres a better picture of her face
I think we will need a better picture yet.

Try Google searching spiders in the families: Lycosidae and Agelenidae.

Just as a wild, off-the-cuff guess, because it's fun gambling with a totally insufficient quantity and quality of evidence to have any certainty: try Googling the species Tigrosa georgicola.

Was the spider wandering freely, or was there any webbing around it? Mealworms are good.

Last edited:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
View attachment 441974 Ok so basically i found this spider in my garage and feed it one of my mealworms and got attached and so i kept it and i think its a wolf spider but im not to sure it is. Also what should i feed her i feed her a mealworm and she seems happy. Sorry for the bad picture ill try to get another kne but i dont want to bother her more the picture only really shows her butt also shes not to big maybe the size of a penny.
It looks like Schizocosa avida to me but a better pic is needed