I'm interested in a GBB

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! I'd like to say and think I'm a new T enthusiast! I have 2 Ts right now. A Brazilian Black sling and a Costa Rican zebra. Now I'm itching for a new addition and I'm thinking a GBB. Any thoughts/input/breeders or anyone that may have slings available? I've done the research on GBBs and they seem relatively hardy, but I'm more drawn to the fact the make beautiful large webs, which neither of my Ts do :(

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Buy one without hesitation if you are interested. Hurry, what are you waiting for, my man? :)

Can't help too much about because I live in a different nation/continent but hell, there's C.cyaneopubescens for sale almost behind every corner if you search. Here as well in the right section.

Yeah they are by far one of the almost bulletproof Theraphosidae, along with P.murinus.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Do it. simple to take care of and in my experience a beautiful display tarantula. Fast growers and if given enough room they will web like crazy. Keep on a dry substrate with a water dish and plenty of anchor points for webbing and the GBB will do great. Ive heard they can be great eaters too but mine ended up being very picky. No crickets. No meal/superworms. will only accept dubia roaches.

They can be skittish and move fast when they want to. Mine also likes kicking hairs before it decides to hide when I do maintenance.

check the BST threads. I always see GBBs for sale. I actually got mine off here.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have two sub adult females and they are wonderful. Their webs are fabulous. They are very fast compared to what you have experience with - they were faster than my experience level too. When I rehoused them, they did laps around my bathtub.
I have never seen any type of defensive behaviour from mine - not even hair kicking or anything. They are very skittish and need hiding places. I always give them time to hide before opening their enclosures... I am confident that they would bolt right out if I didn't.
They are really lovely additions to any collection.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They do not disappoint. I've raised several and it's one web factory after another.