I'm Having Trobble...

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finding a good scorp for me>>> I've been avidly looking for a few days and can't seem to find what I need... I need something that's not very toxic (because there are little kids running around here, and I don't need any of them dieing on me {D )

I also need a species that perfers a deseret habitat, so whatever anyone can suggest I would appreciate :}

also a place where I can buy this particular species would be nice too :)

:D:D

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,

I would reccomend the following:
Vaejovis spinigerus
Hadrurus arizonensis

V. spinigerus:
Small scorpion of low venom toxicity(2 out of 5). They grow to about 2.5". Keep them dry with a bottle cap of water. Temps should be about 80-85F.

H. arizonensis:
Large scorpion(4") also not very toxic(2 out of 5 once again). Temps of 80-85 and keep dry, this species is not very tolerant to moisture.

Cheers.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thank you! that was really helpfull :) now I know in what direction I should be looking>>> if u (or anyone) knows of a good site where I can buy eather of these, then that would seal the deal.. but for now im on the hunt (-_-)

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Both species are also available from several individuals in the "for sale" section.;)

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, that is the best place to get them at, that I saw. I haven't really seen many reviews, so I don't know how their business is, but when I was looking, you get 5 v. spinigerus and overnight shipping for under $30. Not bad if you ask me.

well, i ordered 2 v. spinigerus from the site, it was a little bit of a hassle to get them.. they don't offer overnight shipping (even though it says they do) and they only ship on mondays. :wall: anyway's, i will write a report on them when I recive my precious cargo next wednesday... then we will se if the cheap price is worth the wailt :liar:

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes please do...i would really like to know how they do...that is where I was wanting to get them from, but decided to back out...let me know when you get them, and if they are healthy...pics are preferable...haha

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

They already have a couple reviews here:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=86595

Cheers.
that reveiw is pretty true... family owned, pretty nice guy. I also live in riverside california :p but for some reson they wouldn't send it overnight or anything speedy like that. even just a regular shipment shouldn't take that much time to get here anyways. i'll still let u know how my experence was with this dealer, and include many pics :)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that reveiw is pretty true... family owned, pretty nice guy. I also live in riverside california :p but for some reson they wouldn't send it overnight or anything speedy like that. even just a regular shipment shouldn't take that much time to get here anyways. i'll still let u know how my experence was with this dealer, and include many pics :)

did you ever get anything from them???

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
PS: sorry about the no pics, a family member has my camera so i'm wailting for that to get back :cool:

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey there, I just wanted to say I found your advice to compnerd7 quite interesting. I read your suggestion about V. spinigerus and checked your link. Needless to say, I'll be snatching one myself. Ive already had the desert hairy and the emperor and am always on the look out for new interesting things. Thanks for the tip!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There's a petshop in Redlands, CA that sells mostly reptiles, but has some arachnids. Don't remember the name. They had a few tarantulas and scorps. when I was there, but that was like 2 yrs ago. Maybe you can look them up in the phone book. The guy there was not very talkative, so I wasn't impressed with him, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look. I think the best place to get more scorpions is on here. We have several scorp. guys that are wonderfull, and pk. them very well. I'd like to recommend them, but we aren't supposed to do that here. You could PM me though. I too was very worried about having any hot scorpions here because my Daughter and her family were living with me. I have lots of bookcases and areas that I could put the scorpions out of reach, and decided to go for it. With cage locks, and high places, I've not had one single problem protecting my Grandchildre (ages 7 and 4). My grandaughter has grown up with tarantulas and scorpions here.
She is well educated, and can even recognise species and knows their latin names when she sees their pictures on here. Checkout the review section in the for sale section too and contact some of the guys and girls. They will respond to you and are helpfull.

Sharon