Im having a problem with my LP`s food

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
really? adult dubias are too small? i thought they were pretty big as adults. id stick to those. you can try pinkies if you want.
i use superworms for my larger terrestrials and sometimes hornworms.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
2-3 dubia at a time. Thats what I feed my 8.5" P. atrichomatus. Shes happy with that and dances around with joy. Phormics are greedy as hell too.

Feeding vertebrates can be a messy job and a hassle to clean

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
I have a t.stirmi and apophysis that are around the same size as your t and I feed them dubai roaches from my colony with zero issues. I use mainly the bigger females rather than the winged males for mine though . I also use pinky rats on occasion. I don't use full grown mice due to their being nothing nutritional about the hairs and just seems like an unnecessary risk. I have had zero molting issues with the tarantulas feeding them pinky rats in the couple years doing so.

Attachments

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
I use tongs and drop them in right in front of burrow entrance when they are in hunting mode. Once the roach hits the substrate its game over. Try crushing the roachs head before dropping in and it will kick around like crazy and will draw attention.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
If you want to try something larger then you could try hissing cockroachs.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feed my AF T. stirmi large crickets, adult dubias, and adult hissers and she does fine with all three. I also fed my Lp crickets and dubias until he hooked out and I traded him. Even though the crickets aren't as big, they just grab two or three at a time and make a big ball of them.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
is it safe to eat for my 8in lp ? i heard those hissers have hard shells
Honestly I don't know. That wasjust the first feeder insect that came to mind that would be available, and larger than a dubia.

My girlfriend has a few hissers (as pets not feeders) and I would think the juvies would still work. They are bigger than a dubia, but have a softer exo skeleton than an adult.

cold blood

Staff member
my dubia is very talented lol, they always play dead and so my T wont notice them hays genius dubia
yeah crush heads and put them in on their backs....they will be found by the t.

Heres a tip for a dubia that freezes....shine light in its face. Many a prey item in my place have met their end because of their aversion to light.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Discoid roaches (and similar blaberus roaches) are also fairly large and - as I understood - they are less thick-shelled than hissers. I can't speak from experience yet, as my LP is still in its juvie stage.