I'm Going to Vegas with this Luck!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Since I've joined the hobby in September of last year I have had up to 15 tarantulas at one time (some have been traded, some sold, so the number changes). All of which have been purchased as unsexed slings. They are flourishing, some are already measuring in at 6 inches. To get to my point, I've been able to sex 8 of their molts so far, and SEVEN have been confirmed female! The only male I have ended up with is my LP, which has grown from 1.5" to 6" in one year. My biggest surprise was last night and this morning when my Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador" and my B. vagans molted, respectively. I was 90% sure the Pampho was male due to its rapid growth (1.25" to about 5.75" in 9 months), and my vagans just gave off a "male" vibe but sure enough, it molted out female about an hour ago. Just thought I'd share. Anyone else have good odds?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah you are lucky. Your Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador" will soon be mine lol.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Yeah you are lucky. Your Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador" will soon be mine lol.
She's definitely a beauty! I'm sure her feeding habits will entertain you as much as they have entertained and amazed me. Just a beast!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tom, I guess I've been pretty lucky in this respect as well. My B boehmei that a few area keepers thought as a sling was male........ turned out to be female. I hope things keep working out this way. :)

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I am having my run of luck with females also.. I have 2 little H. Mac slings about .75" so we'll see.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So far all the Ts I've had grow to adult size were females as well.
Haven't confirmed my LP or singapore blue genders yet.
And the only male I think I have is a G. rosea, but it'll take forever to mature... LOL