Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

I'm going to handle my female pokie Ornata, lacking confidence...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Addison Chloe, Aug 29, 2017.

Handle pokie Ornata?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2017.
  1. If the situation felt right

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. There is never a need to handle her

52 vote(s)
    77.6%
  3. Handling her does her no benefit

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. It might be surprising and we both might enjoy it

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python

Python Arachnolord Old Timer

Advertisement
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not but the OP seems to have stepped out. I'm not sure if it's due to the repetitive nature of this thread, maybe she's taking some time to reflect on the sudden flood of information, maybe she got tired of feeling attacked or maybe something else. Whatever the case, she seems to have left folks to their own devices. I think I'd wait to see what has transpired on her end before posting more advice/ideas/opinions. Maybe there has been a positive outcome to all of this, maybe not, but the OP has been conspicuously absent now for a couple pages. I'd like to see her response before dragging this out and muddying the waters further.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnoprince Active Member

One thing I noticed about her is that she only seemed to respond to the short, somewhat insulting comments. She rarely, if at all, seriously addressed the long, factual paragraphs posted by several members. I was especially looking forward to her response for the refutations of her flat-earth claims.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

She hasn't even been gone for 12 hours yet. Perhaps she's just been sleeping or working, doing things in IRL...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. This is the last time I will respond as this is getting on a bit and I would be truly stoking the fire if I carry on responding after this. What you saw as negative input was in fact my contributing to answer your question. Therefore my "negativity" wasn't entirely without reason. It just so happened to not be the answer you were after. Any negativity on my part was inspired by genuine concern for the welfare of your pokie and your well being. I admit the horse to water comment was a slight made in jest but again it was inspired by your unwillingness to actually act on the advice given. I have not made any attempt to attack you as a person, you appear to be a very deep thinker and no one can question you love your T's, but use that love to do what is best for your pokie, which is leave it be and enjoy your OW tarantula from a safe distance.

^ I am quoting this to supply a reference to back up what I am saying, I have to do it for my uni course so why not here? You have got the insight from others, you do not have to like it but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The horse to water comment was freakin' funny though . . . ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thistles

Thistles Arachnobroad

Really? I can think of a similar one on another forum I could probably dig up and show you if you're bored. This is really tops?

Why do people think "open minded" means believing random bullcrap? All it means is being persuadable in the presence of evidence. Honestly, OP is the opposite of open minded.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. VolkswagenBug

VolkswagenBug Arachnobaron Active Member

Eh, she seemed pretty angry on the last post she made, so I'd bet she's not coming back, which is pretty reasonable. If I made a thread like this and I was treated the way this thread has treated her, I'd quit for sure. Of course, I'm not saying she's right, it's just not a very welcoming environment.

8. WoofSpider

WoofSpider Arachnosquire

Well, I know that I for sure have been convinced. I will now be "opening my mind" by leaving all of my enclosures open all of the time so my spiders can socialize with each other and come out to play when they want to. I guess I should also learn to play bass guitar, since it appears that Ts LOVE instruments that create excessive vibrations. It mean, why wouldn't they like something that completely overwhelms their primary sense.

Also evolution isn't real, the earth is flat, and magnets can heal. Wow, my mind is so open.

/s

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Muahahah, you are always priceless :)

10. Python

Python Arachnolord Old Timer

I'm not sure if the OP will come back to chime in but I would be interested to find out what the final decision will be. As to the open mindedness, I don't discount any possibility as long as the preponderance of evidence supports it. I do like to have legitimate references to go with it. I'm not a fan of colorful websites that make outlandish claims supported by fringe groups or some discredited author with no professional background aside from writing books. I prefer something in the peer reviewed realm. If there's anything to be learned from game shows it's that the when the majority of the audience picks the same answer, it's almost always the correct one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Thistles

Thistles Arachnobroad

It's not as long and it's on another forum. I can PM it to you. Not nearly as wacky, but the same kind of idea. I'd imagine that in as long as Tim has been here there has been more nutty stuff to pop up on this big forum than on the other little backwater.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThisMeansWAR

ThisMeansWAR Arachnosquire

I literally just made popcorn before sitting down to read this thread. This should be good... 344 replies in a day? Hot damn!

• Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnobaron

I suggested to her that striving to have the last say in a discussion where things are deteriorating is rather unhealthy..I suggested to click the unfollow this thread link. I think she's done with this topic, although it's the greatest thread this board has ever seen.

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Face Palm x 1
  14. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

You've taken on the role of her Arachnoboards father-figure. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Wish you would've said this sooner. I actually made an effort to reach out. Which is pointless now she'll not be reading it. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor

There's been plenty worse. They were just deleted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

It's so weird that in every instance of a tarantula escaping their cage, they didn't search out other tarantulas to high-five...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

or....if you lose your t, you can just play pink floyd on your bass guitar and call the lost t back.:wacky:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

Just so everyone knows, and @Andrea82, your effort was not wasted. OP is still reading this thread because she PM'd me to insult me in the comfort of my own inbox. ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  20. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Did she call you chubby? :muted:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Cake Cake x 2
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.