I'm going to handle my female pokie Ornata, lacking confidence...

Handle pokie Ornata?

• If the situation felt right

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • There is never a need to handle her

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • Handling her does her no benefit

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • It might be surprising and we both might enjoy it

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
@Walker253 Exactly WHAT do I need to clarify? What UNICORN is? What the search results are? Because I'll just say "Chloe Adison is a *insert adjective for aroused that begins with h* school girl" should sum it up fine.

Last edited:

Addison Chloe

Arachnopeon
And you sir. I will give you the cake on almost making a gal feel bad, you were the only one that almost got under my skin, but I realized you're in your 50's looks like you love awesome adventurous activities and enjoy life, it makes me sad to know that under that outside persona, you are ugly. There is no reason to so down to another human being for asking questions, I don't care how dumb, YOU think they are. I don't judge you, and if I had you look like someone I would have trusted but they way you can across was disgusting and inhumane, no wonder you don't hold your tarantula, I'm noticing way deeper humanity issues then the handling of my pokie ornata.
"Love is the key that opens up the gate to happiness" - mid back

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Alright can the magnetism jokes at least end, you all know NOTHING about magnetism obviously and it's one of the building blocks of the universe. And I have used magnetic therapy and other forms, I can make your headache go away in minutes, your vertigo stop, you guys have NO idea. And crystals are whole other ball game, and all 3 of you can know that you may be making the jokes now, but in the end the joke will be on you.
What´s your take on vaccines? That´s about the only topic now lacking in this thread o_O

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can make your headache go away in minutes, your vertigo stop, you guys have NO idea.
Oh I believe you, kind Lady :)

I'm Italian and here, especially in the Southern part, the use of magic always existed and still is on. I can curse someone with 'gypsy magic' (an elder ROM woman teached me) and malocchio (evil eye) if I want but I'm a gentleman and my education is upper class so no :kiss:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I am sorry to put such a big idea out on to this particular thread, not the crowd to get to understand for sure. I will tell you, the thing you call gravity is real, of course, but not for the reasons you are taught, you were taught the theory of relativity, which "explains gravity, but that theory was based off disproving August Piccards theory in 1913 that the world was not a sphere and the scientific community freaked out and "developed" the theory of relativity. Look it up, the evidence is overwhelming!! It's force, the combination of electricity and magnetism, this creates light and sound and force, through velocity, that's where relativity theory went off track. And all magnets and electricity have energy that drives the universe in motion in a forwarding spiraling motion. It is logical, you just do not understand yet, it took me a long time to understand and I'm still understanding it, but it becomes clearer everyday. I yakebthe time to understand the world and how it is made up so understand how we are made up and of it. I hope you do more research sir.
Are you really quoting flat earth to me? Really? Holy Crap! The earth is roughly an oblate spheroid. I work with GIS every day and this is easily proven and verified (the math works and I use it to place points on a world map every day). Yet here you are, quoting a dude (August Piccards) who got a look at the earth from a balloon, that was at a max of 10 miles from the earths surface and essentially said... "Hey it looked flat to me with slightly upturned edges" as proof that gravity is fake? Oh... My... God.... I really don't know what to say to this...

Electricity and magnetism are opposite sides of the same force. However, that force can only operate on objects made of certain materials. Gravity affects everything (even light) (regardless of what it's made of) and is based on the size of the object and the object's proximity to other objects.

Why is it when someone is throwing out unproven ideas they lead in with I'm about to lay this big idea on you? You readily discount ideas that have much better proof then anything you are offering but seem to think others should buy what you are selling because you believe it is true.

As for my T's please read through the whole thread before making assumptions. I would NEVER force a T on to a bass guitar, obvious stress and cruelty, however, I will RE state, that she came out on her own accord, we thought it was a joke at first, to the point we've played flute, drums, trumpet, and regular guitar around her and she gives no cares, but the second my fiance does one strum, she comes out and will make every effort to find where my fiance is and will climb up him while he's sitting, and she'll explore him and then on the bass and then on him again, ultimately for about 10 minute in average though she will find her way to the neck and literally snuggle down, she will make circles back and forth like a cat, it's incredible, and when she's done, she simply crawls back down my fiance and goes back to her tank, she's very independent and we trust with our space to roam when we are home, I really thunkbhes a comfortable spider that just happens to have a like for the the vibrations the bass gives off. That is also not biologically based and 100% true...so again, I hope tgat it is you that expands your mind.
So what your saying is.....
You're T hears your BF strum the bass
Comes out of her enclosure
Makes a trip across the room
Finds your BF
Climbs him
Walks out onto the bass and up the neck
Hangs out for the show
Then walks back and hangs out cuddling his neck?

All without an intervention from either of you at all?

Is that what your saying?

I don't buy this either.

It would be easy to show some proof with a nice video of the whole process happening... especially since she is comfortable in her space that this happens all the time. I rather doubt any such video will show up though.

@Trenor it's what you say to the weeds, start yelling at them, I want to see a garden with no weeds!! I started that way, I've had a bug and weed free garden for years now. And the two plants were just one experiment, there have been countless, look up the affects of how you talk to water Even! I promise your words have a heavier effect than you give them credit for.
Lady, I promise you I've yelled heart felt obscenities at them in the heat of summer with no effect. There is no way I'm believing that you talked your way to a weed/bug free garden. However, if you want to roll down here and voice kill the weeds in my front yard I'll gladly post a correction to that statement. I am certain that I will never be in any danger of having to do that.

Why do people accuse others of not having an "Open/Expanded Mind or In Need of More Research" when their unsubstantiated ideas are not given the same consideration as ones that have a lot of proof? I do have a open mind and I am very inquisitive. I spend a lot of time learning about the world I live in. What I am not is willing to do is believe a bunch of baloney when no proof (other than this is what you believe) is given.

And for the record, religion is more than that, it literally means to bind, to constrain, to hold back, religion is whole nother ball game off messed up bases. And to my knowledge I have been sharing my examples and my proof and continue to on a daily basis, the mind is powerful and what you tell it it will believe and will eventually manifest in one way or another I promise you that. I've had 27 years life experience of that
Your energy ideas are no different than any of the other "beliefs" that people have handed down over the years. Your assuming that there needs to be some governing organization or even rules for it to be a religion but it doesn't. One person's solo beliefs can be considered religion.

Also if you bother looking up a definition for religion you'll see it doesn't "literally" mean what you said at all. Making up definitions for words to suit what you want them to be is not valid.

Again: Please take time to understand the animals you are trying to keep. Enjoy them for what they are. Don't make their life more terrifying/stressful/difficult than it has to be by trying to force them to be what you would like for them to be instead of what they are.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
To clarify: Chloe Addison is a hardcore UNICORN star.
No! She is a school girl. It says right there on google.

Edit: I saw @EulersK edit out his post so I replaced a certain word with UNICORN for their protection. I should probably go change my posts to say UNICORN too.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
And you sir. I will give you the cake on almost making a gal feel bad, you were the only one that almost got under my skin, but I realized you're in your 50's looks like you love awesome adventurous activities and enjoy life, it makes me sad to know that under that outside persona, you are ugly. There is no reason to so down to another human being for asking questions, I don't care how dumb, YOU think they are. I don't judge you, and if I had you look like someone I would have trusted but they way you can across was disgusting and inhumane, no wonder you don't hold your tarantula, I'm noticing way deeper humanity issues then the handling of my pokie ornata.
Such a great reply, you posted it twice.

I'm glad you know me so well.

Just hold the ornata already

*Edit - Clearly the quote that caused the reaction was recognized.

Last edited:

Addison Chloe

Arachnopeon
Also here are pictures of both enclosures, Wellenough's will be upgraded as she just molted 2 days ago and grew 2 inches from it, this was the original container I had for her. Festes is more a web type so I have her set up different, and Wellenough I plan on getting another big vertical enclosure for and I have a big his for her, and she likes the branches that are in there so they will get transferred with her water dish and decorations. I do appreciate the few who have honestly inquired about her enclosure. The picture taken with bare enclosure was because I had to clear it out to get to her molt to safely pull it out, that was all. She's never been a sad bare enclosure, ever.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I know WellEnough already without googling her too. I can't afford any more brain cell loss. {You guys be sure to convo me though ;) Keep me in this gravity defying loop}

Plus, I need to go check out Facebook and get offended there.

Priorities....

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Thank you for nice honest response and understand that they are considered to not want to be handled and that they are primitive and instinctual, however, I hi five her, Festes my Antilles Pink Toed plays tag with me, she's groomed her fangs on me so many times I can't count, she plays, she literally gets on the bass when my fiance plays and snuggles on the neck and just enjoys the vibration. I believe these creatures just need to be communicated with differently. I've used sounds and hand displays to get through and was looking to see if there was anyone like me, I guess I will be on my own here. Furthermore I believe that if they are instinctual like everyone says, and everyone has fesr of being bitten, well OF COURSE they're going to be bitten, but what if you could overcome the fear of that bite, I believe that spider can sense the calm just as much as they can sense the fear, the second she touches skin, if it goosebumps and gets rigid dye to instinctual human fear, then the spider feels that, but if it felt warmth and relaxation, I don't see why it would ever feel the need to bite....
I think you may be coming at this from the wrong direction. Also, just to be clear, I'm not on the side of them being instinctual or highly intelligent. But you want to have the result of her actually having affection for you, which is probably impossible for a tarantula, so you're trying to approach the problem from that angle. You may actually have a point in that tarantulas do react to humans' emotions in a way when being handled (though they're probably actually reacting to the human's external reaction to stimuli if that's the case). This post is about centipede handling, and while centipedes are generally thought to be smarter than tarantulas, this may apply to the latter as well. However, I have only handled a tarantula once, so I cannot say I've observed this behavior myself.
You do also have to understand that Avicularia species are much "nicer" than Poecilotheria species. Grooming herself on you is a sign that the avic isn't upset by being handled, but it doesn't necessarily mean she shows actual affection for you. It's a possibility, as tarantula intelligence has not been studied in-depth like the intelligence of bottlenose dolphins, for example, but it's a very small possibility for these almost-but-not-quite-dumb spiders.
Also, can you explain what you mean by "playing tag"?

Eva

Arachnosquire
No! She is a school girl. It says right there on google.

Edit: I saw @EulersK edit out his post so I replaced a certain word with UNICORN for their protection. I should probably go change my posts to say UNICORN too.
That's very obviously not her. You didn't even check the videos, guys.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Well

I invite you to be updated through this thread and read how I infect do bond with my tarantulas, and your fish example is bull too. I have many fish, and have pet very single one, fish communicate through food and positive reinforcement like most creatures, my fish I would feed and then dangle my finger and brush against it until it got comfortable and after a few times of positive reinforcement, every time I waded my finger a certain way in the water, the fish would come up and brush against me back and forth for as kognas I stroked it back. Life is mich deeper than I believe you understand. Hopefully I can show you all a different side to these awesome spiders
Fish have a membrane on their skin that protects their very sensitive bodies. When you touch them, you are removing that membrane. Please don't do that.
There is definitely a stronger case for fish showing affection, though.

Eva

Arachnosquire
I did, but I was way too embarrassed for admitting to do so :embarrassed: But yes, that is clearly not her. Let´s not accuse her of that, at least!
Yes, there's enough to her already, there's no need to add to it.
And there's especially no need to slander her - that's just too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.