I'm feeling purple....(pics)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
$65. for it when it was just an itty bitty sling... They grow up so quick... :)

Scott

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Well, if you're feeling purple, then I'm feeling green! Man, I want one of those :(

Joy

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey Scott, I am quite seriously considering picking one of these up in the next two weeks. What are they like temperment wise, and what kind of living requirements do they have? I've not been able to find a good caresheet for one yet.

Bill

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
answer for conipto...

Temper wise they are pretty ballistic as in they really don't mind biting. Care wise keep them on the moist but not wet side. Pretty much as long as a water dish is present and full they do fine.

And by the way nice pics as usual Scott.

Phil

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Bought it on 3/30/2002 at 1 3/4 inches

Molted: Exuvia Size

04/28: 2 /14 Inches
06/08: 3 1/8
08/30: 3 7/8 Inches
11/16: Unknown

Mine just kinda sits in the corner. Room temps (in the 70's) and I keep it on the moist side, soaking a corner of the substrate straight down so it soaks the substrate from underneath. I haven't really seen any signs of aggression from mine. It wasn't cooperating when I wanted to take those pics yesterday, so I broke out the brush and nudged it a bit so it would stretch out. No threat display, no hair kicking, no nothing actually. I was pretty surprised to be honest with you as I've always heard that they were pretty easily disturbed....

Scott

BTW, Thanks Phil :)

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a couple of them and mine pretty much sit in the corner as well. I have tried( unsuccessfully) to get a good photo of mine. As a result of the failed photo shoot, I can attest to their fast times in the 4 meter dash. ;)