I'm curious now...

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Now that Poecilotheria miranda's on the brink, who's interested in buying one, or two, or ten? At those prices?
Yep, they're expensive. All the hype in the last year secured that.
I still don't know what I can do. Jeez, they are pricey.
Anybody, gonna buy 'em up? If so, how many?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Recent developments force me to keep my T collection taking up as little room as possible. The hefty price tag on the mirandas, in addition to really not thinking they are that special, keeps me going with my other idea of getting an H. gigas.

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
not I, said the little red hen!
I am not paying that amount of money even for a gold plated T
LOL
Prices will eventually come down (or maybe not!) and then I would think about getting one. Even though my track record with slings is very good, I can't imagine how upset I'd be if it died on me!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz
Now that Poecilotheria miranda's on the brink, who's interested in buying one, or two, or ten? At those prices?
Yep, they're expensive. All the hype in the last year secured that.
I still don't know what I can do. Jeez, they are pricey.
Anybody, gonna buy 'em up? If so, how many?
I am interested, but so far resisting temptation. If I got just one (and just one would be expensive enough), it would undoubtedly turn out to be a male :rolleyes: Like Holley, I am trusting that the price will eventually come down to a more reasonable level.

Joy

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
As much as I hate the price on them, I'm probably gonna have to get 1. Don't think I could afford more than that, although hopefully they'll be a little cheaper at the show. Only problem I can see is that if I do get stuck with a male, it will be worthless as no one will have mature females... :(

Scott

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WHat are they priced at so far? None of the dealers are listing a price yet. They are all just saying to e-mail them for reservations. You know when they say that though...
Like the saying goes, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.

Atrax

Tstorm

Arachnopeon
P. miranda

When I see adds for $100 "deposits", I don't think so. Is that the price or a down payment? Either way, it's too much for sling.

As rare as they may be, I'd spend my money on one a little more distinguishable from others. For example: rufilata, subfusca, or ornata. Still not "cheap", but more interesting to look at.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
why does $155 stick in my head for some reason? I think I've seen that price on *someone's* list, but can't for the life of me think who. And that is for a sling of less than 1"
:eek: :eek:

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Myself, I thought I'd buy 10, but I don't know now.
There is a good chance that they'll come back again, but it may take a while.
There are a couple of dealers who are offering them around the 150/155 mark. I guess this will be the standard retail price. Anything higher will probably be ignored.
They're another poec. so they've got to be nice, but I think if someone is looking for this poec. to be drastically different than the others (like regalis, fasciata, formosa), I think they may be disappointed. Like I said before, don't let all that purple fool you. It's not going to be a purple P. metallica. Most, if not all, Poecilotheria have that post molt purple sheen.
To me it looks like a cross between P. regalis and P. formosa, with red abdominal hairs (I'm not insinuating that this is a hybrid).
When P. striata first hit, I spent alot of money on them without even knowing what an adult looks like. Many of my friends did that. Looking at 5 inchers now, in hindsight, I would've held onto my money. I think P. miranda's gonna be like that. But, you never now. They brand new.

Tarantula, go to Rick West's site
www.birdspider.com and look around for Poecilotheria miranda.

Last edited:

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, there are too many t's I want more than Poecilotheria. To tell you the truth I might have invested some money into them and then sold the adults if I didn't like them but I actually have to buy some really cool banana boa's this month that are really rare and taking a big chunck from my pocket. No miranda for me. Metallica yes!

-Jeremy