I'm curious as to know how to breed Theraposa Blondis I currently just purchased 3 True Blondis

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
But
Obviously I'm exaggerating lol but on a serious note I know a lot of people who want a t blondi and searched all over the web to no avail it would be nice to have some to put into the hobby I wouldn't even care about the money I'd even give some away just to get them out there
obviously I wouldn't give them away to new rookies I have spent hours researching how to care for these guys I even went and started a dubia colony to feed them and keep them healthy and I spent heaps on making the enclosure perfect temp and humidity I even cover the setup with a light towel to avoid cold air from lowering the temp I live in Southern California 5 minutes from the beach so at night we get that cold Pacific Ocean breeze which isn't optimal for Theraposa genus

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Obviously I'm exaggerating lol but on a serious note I know a lot of people who want a t blondi and searched all over the web to no avail it would be nice to have some to put into the hobby I wouldn't even care about the money I'd even give some away just to get them out there
They are available and have been available for months. What the issue is with people it seems they overlook the people that have them in stock and choose certain individuals/vendors that want to deal with only. You said you bought yours for $300 well if you did your research you could have saved $50.00, that's about two more new slings you could have purchased.

By the way did you ask all the American people if that's what they think?

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you're spending quite a bit of effort to convince us of your 100 specie collection, that you you really did buy three true blondi, and making "grand" statements about wanting to single handedly bring the US to the level of Europe in breeding. Makes me wonder why.....

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
They are available and have been available for months. What the issue is with people it seems they overlook the people that have them in stock and choose certain individuals/vendors that want to deal with only. You said you bought yours for $300 well if you did your research you could have saved $50.00, that's about two more new slings you could have purchased.

By the way did you ask all the American people if that's what they think?
Seriously do you know anyone selling them ? And I mean in the states because I've looked and I'm not talking about just vendors I've looked classifieds I've looked at fauna and I've looked all over the web and honestly yup pretty much every American I have ever known feels that way lol

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
I think you're spending quite a bit of effort to convince us of your 100 specie collection, that you you really did buy three true blondi, and making "grand" statements about wanting to single handedly bring the US to the level of Europe in breeding. Makes me wonder why.....
Umm ? What ?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
I'm not trying to say anything like that at all what's wrong with just being happy with what you got and trying to make the most of it ? And what exactly would you consider a grand statement ?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
And in no way do I care to convince anyone to be honest but let's be realistic out of 100 people who say they have a t blondi how many of them are Stirmi ? But hey if you think I'm being overly proud or trying to convince then I feel sad for society because that just shows me that no matter what there will always be some dumb shmuck thinking he knows what he is talking about and feels he is entitled and expresses himself as though he can never be wrong

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Seriously do you know anyone selling them ? And I mean in the states because I've looked and I'm not talking about just vendors I've looked classifieds I've looked at fauna and I've looked all over the web and honestly yup pretty much every American I have ever known feels that way lol
The two other vendors that have been selling them for months are http://k8inverts.com/ and Joe Rossi on AB. I will sell the ones I have eventually I normally don't sell unsexed slings.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Umm ? What ?
My exact reaction to every post in every thread you made so far to be honest. I get that you are new to AB, and mix up threads, that happens. But you're putting things out there like the way you do it is the way it should be done, but what you say doesn't make any sense.
@G. pulchra actually knows what he is talking about, being in the hobby for like, ten years or more.

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
My exact reaction to every post in every thread you made so far to be honest. I get that you are new to AB, and mix up threads, that happens. But you're putting things out there like the way you do it is the way it should be done, but what you say doesn't make any sense.
@G. pulchra actually knows what he is talking about, being in the hobby for like, ten years or more.
I don't know why people take things so personally hey listen if there is something you see that you can give me advice on I'm open to suggestions that's how I've been told to keep them so far and it's worked well but don't take it as if I'm representing myself as the authority in tarantulas I mean seriously I'm just new to the hobby so by all means I'm a sponge but you guys a bit ridiculous making such statements and honestly I'm too old to put up with thin skinned politically correct sensitive people in this new worldview society trying to bring people down because they make one mistake maybe instead of being a critic maybe you could be a mentor just saying

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
I don't know why people take things so personally hey listen if there is something you see that you can give me advice on I'm open to suggestions that's how I've been told to keep them so far and it's worked well but don't take it as if I'm representing myself as the authority in tarantulas I mean seriously I'm just new to the hobby so by all means I'm a sponge but you guys a bit ridiculous making such statements and honestly I'm too old to put up with thin skinned politically correct sensitive people in this new worldview society trying to bring people down because they make one mistake maybe instead of being a critic maybe you could be a mentor just saying
That's the thing about people who are new to something they go around asking others for advice and they trust that the advice is solid so instead of me going on and saying I think this is how it's supposed to be done I'm going on and saying this is how I was told it's supposed to be done but without the experience behind my belt I just gave to put faith in the fact that I'm doing ok and if I'm completely honest I was only showing you guys because I was at that moment proud of myself for doing what I thought was the right thing to do but that statement pulchra made ruined that proud accomplished feeling and made me feel like I was doing everything wrong then you followed and put more fire to the flame and now I'm not sure about anything I'm doing is right so now I have to do some more homework and figure out what to do but maybe you two could just enlighten me

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's the thing about people who are new to something they go around asking others for advice and they trust that the advice is solid so instead of me going on and saying I think this is how it's supposed to be done I'm going on and saying this is how I was told it's supposed to be done but without the experience behind my belt I just gave to put faith in the fact that I'm doing ok and if I'm completely honest I was only showing you guys because I was at that moment proud of myself for doing what I thought was the right thing to do but that statement pulchra made ruined that proud accomplished feeling and made me feel like I was doing everything wrong then you followed and put more fire to the flame and now I'm not sure about anything I'm doing is right so now I have to do some more homework and figure out what to do but maybe you two could just enlighten me
I just have one question, since you purchased the T. blondi from Paul Becker what exactly did Paul told you how to take care of the T. blondi as babies, adults, husbandry, enclosures etc.?

I understand that your new to the hobby and we should help you by giving you the best advice for your tarantulas.

However, typically when you buy directly from someone (in your case as you live right next to Paul) one would assume you were given all the information you need from the seller.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That's the thing about peIple who are new to something they go around asking others for advice and they trust that the advice is solid so instead of me going on and saying I think this is how it's supposed to be done I'm going on and saying this is how I was told it's supposed to be done but without the experience behind my belt I just gave to put faith in the fact that I'm doing ok and if I'm completely honest I was only showing you guys because I was at that moment proud of myself for doing what I thought was the right thing to do but that statement pulchra made ruined that proud accomplished feeling and made me feel like I was doing everything wrong then you followed and put more fire to the flame and now I'm not sure about anything I'm doing is right so now I have to do some more homework and figure out what to do but maybe you two could just enlighten me
Ok, here goes.
I never meant to make you lose that proud feeling. What I didn't understand was why you posted so much about everything and it sounded like you were asking questions but answering them in the same sentence. It was confusing because I thought you were new,but if you are new, then why posting what you do like that is the only right way to do it. Some questionmarks and commas would be helpful as well, instead of just sentences after sentences.

If you are new, just post questions about the topic you're interested in.If you want to give advice, make sure you have the right answer.
So far from what I understand, you have three T.blondis you have questions about? And you have a thriving colony of dubia roaches. You also have some slings for which you have constructed something with warmth and isolation that seems to be working well. You are new but excited about it.
Correct?
If yes, take a deep breath, post questions if you have them, and share the rest in the right subforums.

Did you get info from Paul like Exoskeleton Invertebrates asked?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
I just have one question, since you purchased the T. blondi from Paul Becker what exactly did Paul told you how to take care of the T. blondi as babies, adults, husbandry, enclosures etc.?

I understand that your new to the hobby and we should help you by giving you the best advice for your tarantulas.

However, typically when you buy directly from someone (in your case as you live right next to Paul) one would assume you were given all the information you need from the seller.
See that's the thing I'm actually doing exactly what Paul told me to do which is why I figured it was the right way to care for T's

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
Ok, here goes.
I never meant to make you lose that proud feeling. What I didn't understand was why you posted so much about everything and it sounded like you were asking questions but answering them in the same sentence. It was confusing because I thought you were new,but if you are new, then why posting what you do like that is the only right way to do it. Some questionmarks and commas would be helpful as well, instead of just sentences after sentences.

If you are new, just post questions about the topic you're interested in.If you want to give advice, make sure you have the right answer.
So far from what I understand, you have three T.blondis you have questions about? And you have a thriving colony of dubia roaches. You also have some slings for which you have constructed something with warmth and isolation that seems to be working well. You are new but excited about it.
Correct?
If yes, take a deep breath, post questions if you have them, and share the rest in the right subforums.

Lol ok now we can continue first off I scincerly apologize ahead of time I am horrible when it comes to grammar so my posts will be a bit hard to read I never knew where to put commas. As far as the T Blondis yes I just acquired 3 from Paul and yes I was told they were true T Blondis . And for the slings and the enclosures I had some slings ( a Mexican blonde and a versicolor ) die on me so when I asked Paul he told me I needed heat and humidity so to get a tank and insulate it and so I did. Paul also told me what could of happened with the Mexican blond was that it was molting and I left a cricket in and it ate it Paul also told me crickets if they die they become toxic and that can make your T's sick so to feed them Dubia which is much safer and healthier. And once again I'm apologizing ahead of time because I'm just happy to have these T's I fell in love with tarantulas and can't seem to stop collecting them I literally go online to Paul's website and see what his new arrivals are and if I don't already have them I go and buy them that's how I ended up with so many slings

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
Ok, here goes.

Correct?

The one downside to collecting so many tarantulas is that they all have different husbandry's so at times even though I fee like I know enough to do ok it's hard to keep up with them

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
Ok, here goes.

Correct?

Oh and about the whole trying to breed T Blondis I love watching RobC on YouTube and there was one video where Rob and someone else got there hands on a P. Metallica and he told his viewers that he was tired of those spiders not being in the hobby as much so he said he was going to breed them ( a lot of them ) and said we should to now I see P. Mettalicas a lot but I still thought that was a really great attitude to have and I respected Rob a lot more that day I always believed in animal preservation and when I learned of how rare T Blondis were I thought that was my chance to do what Rob did so I'm sorry if I came across like I wanted to single handily breed Blondis but I get excited about doing things like that

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The way you type is like saying all of that in one breath. I find myself almost panting with the effort, lol.
But it made more sense this time, so there's progress.
About the crickets. If there is a dead one, remove it, don't feed it. Cricket can get toxic when the temp is too low consistently, because of their metabolism slowing and not being able to get rid of the waste in their bodies.
But dubia are great too.

About the heat and humidity.
Insulation does not work with tarantula, because they don't generate heat like mammals do. If you insulate a cage without adding heat, it will not work.
Insulation can however make a cage stuffy and damp because of the lack of ventilation. This last bit is especially important for any species in the Avicularia genus, but from what I've read, it is also bad for Theraphosa species, because they need higher humidity.
Because of this, Theraphosa are not recommended for new keepers,because it can be a lot of work and solving issues like mold.

You can provide the right temperature by using a space heater which warms up the room.

I will add a link for info on the Avicularia species.
I understand your enthousiasm, but don't rush things. Get a few species, and get their care down completely. You're already worrying if you got things right, which to me means you're a little in over your head. Take the time to get things right, instead of 'doing ok'. The species you love will be here next year as well. There's no need to buy everything at once.