I'm curious as to know how to breed Theraposa Blondis I currently just purchased 3 True Blondis

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
So not too long ago I had already purchased what I thought was the Goliath Birdeater for $89 and I fell in love with it however my local vendor Paul Becker at PetCenterUSA told me he just got in a small number of True Theraposa Blondis and that they were extremely rare and difficult to get a hold of so I bought them all they were pricy but that wasn't why I bought them I love tarantulas hard not to love them when I own close to 100 different species but to imagine myself breeding an animal that is nearly endangered and not readily available to everyone kind of makes me feel Good so I want to know if there is any trick to breeding them ?

basin79

ArachnoGod
So not too long ago I had already purchased what I thought was the Goliath Birdeater for $89 and I fell in love with it however my local vendor Paul Becker at PetCenterUSA told me he just got in a small number of True Theraposa Blondis and that they were extremely rare and difficult to get a hold of so I bought them all they were pricy but that wasn't why I bought them I love tarantulas hard not to love them when I own close to 100 different species but to imagine myself breeding an animal that is nearly endangered and not readily available to everyone kind of makes me feel Good so I want to know if there is any trick to breeding them ?
The only thing I know is that they're supposed to be difficult to breed.

Any pics of your Blondi's?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
The only thing I know is that they're supposed to be difficult to breed.

Any pics of your Blondi's?
I can and will show pics of all of them including a clip of a newspaper to prove time and date and you can see they are real Blondis that's why I would love to breed them

basin79

ArachnoGod
I can and will show pics of all of them including a clip of a newspaper to prove time and date and you can see they are real Blondis that's why I would love to breed them
Brilliant. Thanks.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Here in UK blondis are not that rare. They still carry a heavy price tag. I can't speak for the US however.

What sex are the blondis that you have purchased?

What have you bred before?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I can't speak for the US however.
They're next to impossible to find. Oh, they're advertised all the time (along with the price tag), but I've never actually seen even a juvie for sale. They always turn out to be T. stirmi.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They're next to impossible to find. Oh, they're advertised all the time (along with the price tag), but I've never actually seen even a juvie for sale. They always turn out to be T. stirmi.
I can believe that. I see people here getting strimi instead of blondi. Of course there is always people trying to con others.

I have still to grow fond of this genus. I think the strimi I am keeping at the moment is going to molt soon. I need to buy some swimming goggles very soon. :watchingyou:

Are strimi expensive in US?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I can believe that. I see people here getting strimi instead of blondi. Of course there is always people trying to con others.

I have still to grow fond of this genus. I think the strimi I am keeping at the moment is going to molt soon. I need to buy some swimming goggles very soon. :watchingyou:

Are strimi expensive in US?
Not at all. In fact, T. stirmi are one of the few species that are way cheaper here in the States (or so I've heard). An adult female can be bought for around $80USD.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Not at all. In fact, T. stirmi are one of the few species that are way cheaper here in the States (or so I've heard). An adult female can be bought for around $80USD.
Thats excellent! Its more expensive here aha. Slings go for around £34

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Nothing is difficult to breed if you have sufficient numbers and the knowledge of how :)

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-trio-theraphosa-species.284296/page-2#post-2560488

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Post photos of your 3 T. blondi

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Has OP been mauled to death by 3 Grizzly bears that were accidently labelled as T. blondi?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I just don't get how they're not available. Two decent sacs could flood the market overnight.
I thought they only had up to like 50 or something a sac?? I still don't fully believe you when you say they're only 15 or something down there.. are you sure you're not looking at LP prices or something??

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah 80$ for adult female. That seems strange for your side of the pond amigo

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I thought they only had up to like 50 or something a sac?? I still don't fully believe you when you say they're only 15 or something down there.. are you sure you're not looking at LP prices or something??
I am 100% certain. Slings are pretty cheap, although not freebie cheap. Slings run for around $15-20, and I got my adult female for $80. It's not uncommon at all to see adults under $100. And no, their sacs are usually over 1000, that's why I don't get how they're so darn expensive.

EDIT: I'm talking expo prices, by the way, but even dealers online aren't much more than $150. Just look on Google.