i'm confused

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok well i just posted a pic of my adult p.irmina. (its the last pic so far in my pic thread) she closed herself in from yesterday till today .but just lightly.i could still see herself fine. come to find out...i just looked at her and she has an eggsack..it can't be good cause i've had her since a sling. and by herself.
should i try to take it out..or should i leave it in and hope some godlike thing happened?

any info would be nice
thanks
tom

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if you really had her since a sling and there was no mating, the sac can't be fertile. i just refuse to believe in a t-jesus {D but sometimes they build fake sacs.

you can either humour her and leave it with her, and she will most likely abandon it sooner or later. or you can take it away. if you leave it with her, just make sure you take it out if/when it moulds. unless you keep her dry, it is likely to.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok so i'll leave it in for now and i think i'll open it in a few weeks to see what it looks like inside...i'll try to take pictures.
thanks alice

tom

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a mystery tarantula that has an infertile egg sack like every 10 months. Its always the sz of a golfball. I leave it with her for about a month. Most of the time she discards it and tries to bury it after that time, and I can take it out with tweezers, just in case she would try to pounce on me. I've opened them, and there usually are perfect looking eggs, but I know they are infertile. Its a shame for her, but since I'm not sure what kind of Asian Tarantula she is, of course I haven't bred her.

Sharon

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well since she she laid that eggsack she got really skinny. i just looked at her and she ate the eggsack and is nice and chubby again. sometimes these t's make no sense.
later guys
tom