I'm bumming

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Had made the decision that my collection would not be complete without a h. lividum, so I went down to my local shop this morning just to find out that someone beat me to it....last night!! (Ok which one of you was it? :) )

I had eyeballed this guy last weekend and chose a A. avic instead. Should have taken them both. He who snozes loses.

Oh well, they say they are getting a bunch of new s'lings in late tonight so I guess I will double up next weekend (and call first).

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

J

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by jcohen9999
Had made the decision that my collection would not be complete without a h. lividum, so I went down to my local shop this morning just to find out that someone beat me to it....last night!! (Ok which one of you was it? :) )

I had eyeballed this guy last weekend and chose a A. avic instead. Should have taken them both. He who snozes loses.

Oh well, they say they are getting a bunch of new s'lings in late tonight so I guess I will double up next weekend (and call first).

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

J
It wasn't me. I have a nice Sub-Adult Cobalt Blue I bought at least 1 month ago. Has it really been that long!?

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck getting your H. lividum, I figure eventually I will get one since they are so cool looking. But right now I'm concentrating on collecting the Avicularias.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Ok, now I'm really bumming. I just called to check on the inventory that was picked up this weekend and no H Lividum.

I guess that's good news for e-spiderworld since he seems to have some (based on his price list) and I can't just buy one s'ling if I need to pay for shipping.

Time to research a Poec.

J

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Depending on what you are willing to pay, but if you want a larger H. lividum, they really aren't that expensive. A 4" female is usually around $35 plus shipping. Check out both Midwest Art's pricelist and Tarantulaspiders.com.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Thanks for pointing out those two sites. I did speak to my local dealer (D&J Reptiles in Massapequa) and he is working on getting a H. Lividum s'ling for me. I like 'em small so that I can sneak them in with too much fuss but if he can't get it before I need my fix I check in with TarantulaSpiders (tough pricelist to navigate but it's in there).

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
Try kingsnake there alot of dealers on ther and im sure you will find an adult and or a sling. About a year ago i picked up a 3.5in subadult female for 50.00 with shipping. I really havent priced them this year but im sure its lower. Just look around. =D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I just got this beautiful Cobalt Blue from Art the other day.. sorry for the blurry picture. Midwest Exotic pets had quite a few more when I went shopping last time too.. and Art is top notch IMO for T dealers.

Bill

EDIT: blah blah, mean species, don't handle, etc, etc..

Last edited:

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I just got this beautiful Cobalt Blue from Art the other day.. sorry for the blurry picture. Midwest Exotic pets had quite a few more when I went shopping last time too.. and Art is top notch IMO for T dealers.

Bill

EDIT: blah blah, mean species, don't handle, etc, etc..
:eek: Show off! :eek:

Regardless, it's still impressive. ;)

I tried to handle my 1" Cobalt when I first got it. It ended up behind my iguana's 6' tall cage... THAT was fun. :p

kellygirl

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
:eek: Show off! :eek:
You don't think I handled the meanies for any reason other than gratuitous photos, now do you? ;)

Bill