I'm back with new! Lividum egg hatched

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
**Title should say 'back with news'*
Hi all, havn't posted in a while

FINALLY my H/Lividum egg has hatched, after approx 120 days from being laid. The spiderlings are FAT and about 15mm in length. So far I've seen 12, though there is a large pocket where they are nested near to mummy.

I hope to get pics later today

Also I've been invited to go on an arachnology course, though I've forgotten the guys name, it basically teaches you sexing the spiders with microscopes and detailed looks into their anatomy I think, so I'm considering it in the future...

Much been happening?

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
So you went with Natural incubation with the H. lividum huh? Congratulations. Most every account of H. lividum eggsacs seem to have the mothers destroying them at any disturbance.

Now how do you plan to separate them? Digging up cobalts doesn't sound like fun time activities..

Bill

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
So you went with Natural incubation with the H. lividum huh? Congratulations. Most every account of H. lividum eggsacs seem to have the mothers destroying them at any disturbance.

Now how do you plan to separate them? Digging up cobalts doesn't sound like fun time activities..

Bill
Yeah.... I've tried it before; she was so pissed that even after 5 minutes in the fridge she went mad once the lid came off

She hasn't eaten anything since early January though, so I'm going to try luring her out with a pinky mouse... I'm not naive enough to think that just because she hasn't eaten doesn't mean she'll priortise eating over attacking me!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woohoo!

Congrats mate, I was worried they wouldn't make it after all that time.

When do I get my baby Cobalt then? :D

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey if you have any males in the bunch i would be willing to take one off of ya,, even for a small price if needed...i am looking forward to breeding my cobalt in the future..

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wonderful news both for you and for the whole of the UK T-keeping community! I've been wondering about that eggsac for a while seeing as she had it for a fair old while before it hatched.

Now, where's the pics of your new little terrors? :D

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates and I wanna see pictures!
LOL.
Oi,,, it's gonna be even more fun digging out the babies then it was thinking of getting the sack from momma.
Good luck and congrates!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats great news deifiler,
Hope you can get them out of there before mom makes a meal of em.
My cobalt eggsac was eatten by mom at about 7 weeks.
I'm really happy for ya. :D

Ern