I'm back in the hobby (with pics;))

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello all,

I've been an arachnoboards member forever, but I havn't postet in years. The reason: I as good as gave up the hobby. And now I'm happy to be back! {D

A bit of background info:
I bought my first t back in 2001, after a breakup with my arachnophobic boyfriend. After only a few nw terrestrials, I went to more than 20 adult pokies and various ow arboreal slings. I bred a few pokies as well, and really loved the hobby.

Then, they forbid pokies in the district of germany I live in. You had to get a special permit and stuff to breed them and were not allowed to sell or buy them easily (in fact, they put 5 ow species on this 'dangerous tarantulas' list, all of which were in my collection).

I also got a new (very time-consuming) job at the time and was moving in with my new hubby. So i sold off my ts to other districts where you were still allowed to have & breed them - including my two P. metallica females! I just figured: Why keep them if I cannot breed this beautiful species?

The only one I kept was my only remaining nw: The big L. parahybana girl I have been keeping for 9 years now (She's about 15 years old now). Here she is, recently molted and a nice 8"-9,5" (depending on how you measure):

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Anyway, they lifted the bann on pokies again, but I was too frustrated to get into the hobby again. Until recently someone offered me a few ts at a good price. They're nws too, so I didn't think long, and I'm back! That is my setup for now:

Attachments

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got:
an adult female A. bicoloratum for 30 bucks,
a subadult female G. actaeon for 60 bucks (that promptly molted and is now an adult),
an adult female rosehair for 20 Bucks (ok, that was not cheap, but she's cb and the only one that doesn't mind being handled)
an adult female lasiodora (any guess which species? please help me out here) for another 35 bucks
and an A. versicolor sling (2" for 20 bucks) that unfortunately turned out to be male when it molted.

Attachments

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, all I really wanted to say was: I'm back and I'm happy about it! I'll get a few more probably, though I'm trying to limit myself to rational numbers :eek:.

Maybe I'll even get pokies again...

So, just in case my question gets lost between all those pics: What species of Lasiodora do you think my new girl is (she's freshly molted as well - when my parahybana molted, the new Lasiodora, the bicoloratum and the actaeon followed promptly).

greetz
alice

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Woo hooo!! Welcome back Alice that is an AWSOME bloody come back. I'm glad that you can have the liberty and freedom to own the ts that you desire again :).

I was in the same situation as you but the reason I was inactive for the last three years is because I got scammed big time :''(. My only advise is watch for scammers especially in this board since its very popular. congrats on your new collection may you breed those rare beautiful Ts so the hobby can enjoy them for all its glory :)

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a feeling your Lasiodora may be a difficilis, since it's a complete copy of my own.

Welcome back to the hobby, it must feel fantastic! :clap:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Welcome back.

Guys, you can't picture ID this species.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the welcome back! And yes, I'm the author of the 'Pimp my tank' article :razz:.

I think difficilis as well, because to my knowledge no other Lasiodora gets that bluish-grey colour after molting. It's simply too light-coloured and too fuzzy to be a klugi. Just wanted to get a second opinien because it was sold to me as striatipes... but honestly, for 35 bucks for an adult female I'm not about to complain :p.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the welcome back! And yes, I'm the author of the 'Pimp my tank' article :razz:.

I think difficilis as well, because to my knowledge no other Lasiodora gets that bluish-grey colour after molting. It's simply too light-coloured and too fuzzy to be a klugi. Just wanted to get a second opinien because it was sold to me as striatipes... but honestly, for 35 bucks for an adult female I'm not about to complain :p.
Cool! welcome back to the hobby, it couldnt have been nice to be away from the T's for so long!

Enjoy! nice setups btw