I'm a sucker for redheads!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Too bad she's lost most of those ruby hairs! I brought home this B.Vagans yesterday after making the pet shop rounds in Bossier City, La. She was for sale back before Christmas & they still had her waiting for me.:D She was still covered with red back then though. I guess she has been stressed & a little ticked off. You should have seen the way she tried to pounce the manager when he tried to cup her! I haven't tried to put a tape to her yet but I think she's around 51/2".
Here's my "Medusa" just intoduced to her new Texas digs.

I need to start her on Rogaine!;)

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm, the more I look at "her" the more I think it could be a "HE". Compared to the other B. Vagans pics on here-mine has a slender abd. & really long legs. No tibial hooks though.....yet. :confused: Guess I'll just have to wait & see. The Petco Mgr did'nt have a clue.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no spurs and yet we see bunbus on the palps. spider looks like vagans... but can only be Sericopelma sp. and definately an adult male. most probably Sericopelma rubronitens. i'm sure there are plenty of people who want to breed them!

good luck locating a female!

Eddy

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good advice from Eddy... you've got one of the Sericopelma (sold as S. rubronitens) that's been imported a lot in recent times. The lack of tibial spurs helps a lot to place that spider.

Eric

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no spurs and yet we see bunbus on the palps. spider looks like vagans... but can only be Sericopelma sp. and definately an adult male. most probably Sericopelma rubronitens. i'm sure there are plenty of people who want to breed them!

good luck locating a female!

Eddy
I would be one of those people.
PM me if you want to do a breeder loan.
I have been looking for a male for a year

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They sold it as a "Guatemalan Red Rump" (Brachypelma Sabulosum?)...I should have known by now the stores never really have a clue what they are. My Bad, thought it was a b.vagans-:wall:
Well, its pretty big & hopefully won't croak on me any time soon but I coughed up $40.00 for him. Think that was too much?.. :confused:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
O.k.-so this is the one from Panama?...cool. I found a 6-7" for sale for $95.00 online...uhhh but of course it was female.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Guess a name change is in order. HE can't really be "Medusa" now can he?!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep i got a female here in Texas too been lookin for a male too.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love it when pet stores get wrong stuff in. That's the vendor's fault however. For instance if my store orders emps...we get big black scorpions...not necessarily emperors. I got a P. scrofa that came in as a rosehair once. {D

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a big S. Rubronitens female. I would love for my pet store to make that kind of mistake. I looked for a male but they are very hard to find.Females on the other hand are readily available.Almost seems to me that the dealers are holding onto the males.Either that, or they are only exporting females. Who knows ?