Iguana emergency... now, meet Falcore!

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can do, Cirith Ungol!

HE IS DOING REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD TODAY!​

He is much greener, he is standing way tall (especially when I mess with him), and has a big green mean lizard attitude today! I am so happy! I was holding him and my husband went to say hi and pet him, and he tried to bite him (lizard bite husband, not other way around). I am so thrilled! (Not that Falcore was being a turd, but that he had the energy and interest to do so!). He can be as meany beany as he darn well wants to, as long as he is ALIVE and getting better! I know deep down that he is a sweety and he and I have bonded; so if he wants to be Mr. Tude from now until his last day, that is a-okay with me. I am just thrilled to see him acting like an iguana!!!! He was puffing up and bobbing his head, standing up tall, swaying and swinging and getting down with his bad self has I manipulated him around. He even came at my face with his mouth open, but only for a second. He seemed very happy with himself as he did so. I was happy with him, too... for BEING ALIVE!

He did settle in for some cuddles and fell asleep while I pet his head. What a silly lizard he is.

I force-fed him a ton of electrolyte last night. Today, he ate very willingly from a spoon.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its going to make it I think. He surely is on the mend when they start doing stuff like that, well done!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
What a tough little guy ;) And he also looks kinda like an iguana again! :clap:

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great read...please keep us updated. You totally rock for doing this! I'm glad he seems to be looking better and better. :)

~Fred

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if he is still having trouble with bowel movements the best way to get it going is to put him in a warm tub where he can just reach bottom. the combination of him swimming and the warm water will usually make them go. done this with my snakes many times when they would have problems. 90% of the time it takes about ten minutes and they are going poo in your tub. nasty little mess but worth it if it works.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a great update!!! Yeyyyy! :D

He really is getting green again and he sounds like he feels quite well with his "antics" :rolleyes: Good boy, Falcore!! Show 'em the "what for" ever now and again! {D

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HE POOPED! YAY! YAY! YAY! Never in my life have I been so excited over POOP!

He passed both urine and poo, and is as lively as ever today. He lazily tried to bite my arm while I was messing with him (more like an open-mouth attempt to get me to leave him alone) - which is GREAT! He is opening his mouth and closing it! He has attitude and preference!

He was swimming in the bath tub today, using his back legs.

I am really hoping that he is going to keep getting better. It seems as if he as turned a corner for sure!

Thanks all for the wonderful and loving comments!!!

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
glad to hear it. sounds like he's really doing well. {D

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe it is time for the "POOP PARTY"!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am soooo glad to hear Falcore pooped! :D Poop is like the "bestest gift ever" from a new rescue that is just barely hangin' on. Around my house, "poop" is a HUGE deal and we definitely celebrate it {D ;P

You've done an amazing service to this beautiful "iggy", ember! Just awesome! Keep up the great work with him... sounds like he's lovin' it and showing his appreciation (biting) just fine. :razz:

~Aminah

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yep! Falcore the luck dragon. My husband wanted to name him Morla (the apathetic tortoise that was sick in Never Ending Story), but he is so totally a Falcore!

Yesterday was beautiful outside (the first day over 50F in a long time), so we went outside. Falcore loved it!

He is totally a brat today. He ate and ate his spoonfulls of mush for me, and drank a ton, too, and then just decided to be a pill. He bit the towel and refused to let go, wanted to get my face so badly (but in an odd playful way... no fear at all, did not seem mean or upset... just... ORNERY!), and then wanted to pull the spoon away from me. These are all great things to me, because he is not listless. Anything is better than that!

Here are some pictures... see? He is thinking about being a GREEN iguana after all!

Here are our tortoises having fun outside, too!

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An update:

HE IS DOING GREAT! He is eating totally on his own (and seemingly making up for lost time) as long as I make the bites small enough and easily taken (if he has to try more than twice he gives up, I have to take the food away, and present it again later... spoiled and stubborn).

He tries to bite me daily, but never serious attempts. He is just alive enough to have some opinions and wants to share them with me. How nice. No really, it is... I am glad he is alive.

He has energy, his eyes are bright and his movements fast. He is still THIN, but he is peeing/pooping every two days, eating, drinking, and starting the thrive.

More green every day.

His jaw seems to be looking better, too.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I come here daily to check on Falcore's progress... :)

I'm so glad to hear he continues to improve.. good on both of ya!! :clap: :D

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just saw this, what horrible conditions!. I'm glad falcore is doing so much better. you can really see him getting better too. what is the word on the other two iggys?

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Falcore is doing wonderfully!

He eats totally unassisted now. He loves going outside, tolerates the household activity and happenings, has not bitten anyone, scares the crapola out of our 'pig' bull when she passes by with his half-hearted threat displays, and has begun to show preferences and opinions about things.

He LOVES showers and spray bottles, loves strawberries and mango, and likes to have the spot between his shoulder blades rubbed. He has not shown any serious threats or stress, and no actual aggression. He is not cuddly per say, but totally maginably handleable. I hold him daily, and he tolerates it like a champ. He likes going for walks around the house when everyone else is up and the home is quiet, and comes back to his cage when he is done.

Oh yeah... the cage! He loves it. My son calls it the "bunk bed cage" because it is a split-level (our huge boa is up top).

Here is the cage, being showcased by our 'pig' bull

Here is Falcore... looking kinda green, eh?

During one of his favorite things ever, spray bottle showers!

(You can still see how skinny he is, however...)

Here are some interior tank shots

Snack time!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, that is some setup!!!! Falcore is a very lucky guy!!!! He looks so much better, you did a wonderful job with getting his health back, now he just needs to gain weight and I'm sure he will with all of the hard work you have put into him.
I do have to ask a question though, "pig bull"? I have two pits myself and between them they have earned many nicknames (some with four letters that can't be used in mixed company) but never that. What is the story behind your bully?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
That's not a "cage"! That's a.... thing, that... erm is... :? ...pure awsome to look at! :D

Good to see Rainman is doing well, sounds alomost like most worries are over, congrats! (Please continue updating, would love to hear from the guy every once in a while).

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Iguanas

You know the sad part of it is, iguanas are so easy to keep healthy and thriving as long as a few very basic requirements are met. I personally have 5 yearlings that I purchased all as hatchlings last year and now they're nearly 3 feet or so. Something as simple as buying collard green instead of iceberg would've been a huge start...

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sooo happy to see Mr. Falcore in his GORGEOUS enclosure.. doing so well.. looking absolutely GREEN!! ...and eating on his own! What a miraculous turn around!! Just awesome, the job you've done with this kiddo. :D

Keep us posted!

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks so much better. hope he continues to get better. next time how about a few pics of the boa also. good job, looks like he's one of the family now.