Suggestion Ignore feature vs blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
So how exactly does the ignore feature work?

Its not very beneficial if you and the other person can still see eachothers posts, then they can still drag you through the dirt to others and thats not cool.

So then, why not just a block like most social media sites, so you and that person are just done for good, unless you want to unblock someday.....

An admin was nice but brief in a pm, but is there somone with more info on this?

Im sure the vast majority would love a block, that forbids them from seeing eachothers content either way.

Sorry I know this was a question, wasnt sure where to put it.

However I guess Im suggestion a block feature.

It saves lives lol.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
The ignore feature allows you to still see when a a user posts, but it doesn't show you the post unless you click on the little message which would allow you to see their posts without removing the ignore feature.
I think it's pretty useful and I'm a frequent ignore user. Probably the recipient of many ignores as well.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
This was already asked and answered, by me (not just an Admin, but also an owner). Asking again publicly does not change the answer. I understand you do not like the answer and it is frustrating to you. However, sadly it is the only answer there is.

It was brief because there is no long answer, lol. ;)

Just to reiterate:

Ignoring a user means that you will no longer see any content from that user. However, that user will see all content from you. Unfortunately, we do not have a block feature, as the software does not offer that option. We just have the ignore feature, where you do not have to see any content from that person ever again, unless you choose to.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wouldn't the ability to block someone from seeing what you say be the perfect tool for dirt dragging?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
At least in my opinion, I don’t believe Arachnoboards isn’t the type of community that needs a block feature, this isn’t a person social media platform on feelings or personal life, it’s a forum dedicated to arachnids and inverts and their husbandry. You are free to not have any person battles in public forums, if you have a problem with some you don’t need a block feature you simple don’t have to interact or look at their posts using the ignore feature or just don’t interact with someone. Or leave a disagreement at a disagreement. The fact that feelings aren’t AB’s primary purpose is why their founding aim still works today and has been around so long.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
This was already asked and answered, by me (not just an Admin, but also an owner). Asking again publicly does not change the answer. I understand you do not like the answer and it is frustrating to you. However, sadly it is the only answer there is.

It was brief because there is no long answer, lol. ;)

Just to reiterate:

Ignoring a user means that you will no longer see any content from that user. However, that user will see all content from you. Unfortunately, we do not have a block feature, as the software does not offer that option. We just have the ignore feature, where you do not have to see any content from that person ever again, unless you choose to.
I just remembered one of you saying ignore is just that, ignore.

Yeah i was hoping one of you would just come to this post with more info and discuss it a sec.

didn't know where else to post it.

iI was not really understanding how it worked, and wondered why block would be bad, so the suggestion forum seemed like the right place to make the suggestion. So all of your team could maybe discus it.

no shady business, not trying to override anyone or publicly cause strife.

oh i just saw u said because the software

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At least in my opinion, I don’t believe Arachnoboards isn’t the type of community that needs a block feature, this isn’t a person social media platform on feelings or personal life, it’s a forum dedicated to arachnids and inverts and their husbandry. You are free to not have any person battles in public forums, if you have a problem with some you don’t need a block feature you simple don’t have to interact or look at their posts using the ignore feature or just don’t interact with someone. Or leave a disagreement at a disagreement. The fact that feelings aren’t AB’s primary purpose is why their founding aim still works today and has been around so long.
Not everyone is like you. Long before most of the current AB people were here there was a person who used to attack several people on/off but on a chronic basis. Back then a block feature would have been useful.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
a block would be perfect, thats why most social sites use it. Its not my call though.

but sometimes it would be perfect.

especially if its ppl from here, that can still see your posts even if you block them, then they find you in other sites and keep at it.

block is amazing.

but yeah its not my side

just making the suggestion i thought the owners and mods could concider.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
a block would be perfect, thats why most social sites use it. Its not my call though.

but sometimes it would be perfect.

especially if its ppl from here, that can still see your posts even if you block them, then they find you in other sites and keep at it.

block is amazing.

but yeah its not my side

just making the suggestion i thought the owners and mods could concider.
I personally don’t agree, but hey that’s me i don’t believe much in the concept of it to begin with. I have found discussing things with people privately usually fixes things without needing that.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
ive fo
I personally don’t agree, but hey that’s me i don’t believe much in the concept of it to begin with. I have found discussing things with people privately usually fixes things without needing that.
i found there to be some that wont give up, used to be super bad here, but the owners got a handle on it.

some crazy ppl out there man.

i see she said the software doesnt have the feature though so bummer.

take care dude

Status
Not open for further replies.