If your Tarantula doesn't have a wikipedia article I suggest you make one for the world to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I tune up the language and wording in the occasional one, but i dont really add facts unless i can cite them when i'm on a wiki.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It seems like a patheticly large amount of energy to expend just to get people riled up...or is that the way trolling works (I don't have much experience with this)? Maybe he's sincere, but seriously drug-addled.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's funny when multiple people are all trying to edit the same article. ;)

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Trolling is the art of acting in a way that upsets others or makes them "rage" on the Internet.
The troll is usually a lot smarter then they act and they do it on purpose for a laugh. The statement, "don't feed the trolls", means don't give in to what they want. Don't get upset or add fuel to the fire and they will give up and leave.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Lol, that was entirely my fault. Copy/paste edit just to get it started...been fixed though.
Yeah i just saw it, bravo. I looked at the OP's profile, he has only posted 3 threads and has at least 150 replies combined. One thread is like 6+ pages long

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow

:eek:

I just think it's a junkie with nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon
Trolling is the art of acting in a way that upsets others or makes them "rage" on the Internet.
The troll is usually a lot smarter then they act and they do it on purpose for a laugh. The statement, "don't feed the trolls", means don't give in to what they want. Don't get upset or add fuel to the fire and they will give up and leave.
And typicaly, stating that the antagonist is a deliberate troll will not keep people from posting angry replies.
Page after page after page after page...
It's like keeping two belligerant drunks from wailing on eachother with words alone.
When you spend some time on the more uncivilised parts of the internet you quickly smarten up and learn to spot a troll from a mile away. :rolleyes:

That article is looking quite descent by the way.
Eliminating misinformation on article at a time.
Good job people.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was answering this.

It seems like a patheticly large amount of energy to expend just to get people riled up...or is that the way trolling works (I don't have much experience with this)? Maybe he's sincere, but seriously drug-addled.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While the actual suggestion of this thread is a good idea, it becomes a bad idea if the person isn't knowledgeable about the species, or tarantulas........

Notice how he has not come back to say anything after his first post? He has everyone so riled up against him from his previous threads, that it has caused this thread to be 3 pages long and up to 33 posts. Starve the troll, let the thread die.

Coaster

Arachnopeon
Well I'm certainly glad you guys are trying to put up legitimate information up on Wiki I implore you to be aware that the information you may have been told could also have been wrong. You guys act so totally sure of yourselves when you say that A. Metallica cannot live communally, but I've talked to somebody that has tried it successfully. You think I put that information up so that somebody would try it and wind up with a dead spider, or maybe that I put it there so that somebody would know all of their options when acquiring a unique animal like an A. Met. You guys wont believe me until I have pics to show you it will work, you will all see how wrong you were.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
anyone can get away with a couple of tarantulas in a tank long enough to get a pic
Or a group of anything in a tank large enough for the animals to set up their own territories. We all know this isn't "communal".

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Attention. Attention.
Let us welcome the new DawgPoundSound.....
:clap::clap:Coaster:clap::clap:

Listen here coaster, you've been keeping a T, what? A week? And you are telling everyone else how wrong we are. Yet all these people have tons more experience than you. You've talked to a pet store employee that you think "seems" knowledgeable and now you claim to talk to a person that has a communal setup. They might tolerate each other, but they are NOT communal. You just wait and see how wrong you are. You deliberately posted information on wikipedia that you had no earthly idea was correct or not. Shutup and grow up. You are new, not the others. You know NOTHING so I suggest you listen to the others and learn.

I will now excuse myself to hang out with the baby abducting aliens.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does this guy walk into a doctors office and tell him that he is "wrong" its not Genital herpes, he has no idea what he is talking about????

Love it when Lil Man is trying to tell some 26000+ members that something blatantly wrong is in fact right! :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.