If you were 4 inches tall, what tarantula would you take on in a fight?

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria rufilata! Big, fast, strong venom. There no way I'd lose..if i were riding it to battle. Otherwise it would instanty kill me in a fight. I'd fight a euathlus sp red or neohothele incei

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't want to choose an avic because that would be hell with the poo explosions. I think I'd choose my E sp red because she's pretty chill and I don't think we'd actually fight. I think we would end up listening to some podcasts and maybe having some tiny cups of tea.
I agree with E sp red you're more likely to be trying herbal remedies like in a dutch cafe

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
This thread is cracking me up! I am just imagining some D&D scenario where you run into a giant spider during a dungeon crawl only to find out its an E sp red and now the spider starts following you around like a puppy dog everywhere you go.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I'd say my G. porteri. She's more likely to roll over and let me rub her tummy than she is to fight me. I'd imagine she'd be a good cuddler ;)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Whaaa...?! Even at four inches, I'd still be afraid to go against them. It'd be a slow death, too, with their weak venom. No thank you.
Agreed...you want to be on either extreme on this thing. Either something that would kill you in seconds, or something so small/docile/prone to fasting that you probably wouldn't even be attacked. That middle zone? Nope nope nope...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Agreed...you want to be on either extreme on this thing. Either something that would kill you in seconds, or something so small/docile/prone to fasting that you probably wouldn't even be attacked. That middle zone? Nope nope nope...
I mean, we're seeing a lot of E. sp. "Red" on this list, but those things hit pretty hard when they're hungry. And they're big enough that a 4" meal wouldn't be much of a challenge.

I think we need to rephrase the question: Which species would you rather be eaten by? Because, let's be honest. Anything short of a C. argentinense could take down 4" prey if it wanted to. Especially the squishy kind like us.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
This reminds me of a game we played as kids- we'd ask "how would you rather die- drown or be on fire? Starve in a desert or starve with only orange peels to eat?" (I know, we were weird kids.). Basically all options are kinda awful. Being eaten by a T would be a rough way to go. In a way, this thread encourages us to have some compassion for the feeders and what they go through.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I'd probably fight a G. porteri and if things turned sour I'd play dead like a dubia until it left me alone...

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
If were allowed weapons Id want to fight a big spider and have a spear so I can poke upwards, Or mabey something to cut its pedipalps off, perhaps a BIG Viking sword with a Kriss Pattern on it. , or a chainsaw, and a Bow and arrow with poisoned arrows. And Id wear Titanium armour too, NO ANAMANTIUM ARMOUR ! and Id Also want to be able to shoot flaming arrows so Id have a jerry can with gas/oil mixture in it and some rags in it dowsing. and I would stand in the water dish in case the substrate caught on fire. Id probly go for the fire arrows first.

Last edited: