If you think handling is bad...

Lobstersign

Arachnopeon
Actually tarantula I have been told tastes pretty good similair to how prawns taste. Personally I would never eat one though as I think of tarantulas as pets.

I have eaten crickets and meal worms though they are delicious.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
I’m curious of how they taste honestly. Probably wouldn’t be that bad.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Is it just one tarantula?

Dayum, pricier than some tarantulas go for alive.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Meh. There are a ton of things I couldn't imagine eating, but, if you grew up eating it, it's not "weird" to you.

And I really don't get the correlation to handling.

justanotherTkeeper

Arachnosquire
Not precisely on topic, but..

At my last job, I worked in a lab with hot plates. Although I didn't own tarantulas yet, I would always try to catch and relocate spiders, but one day my arachnophobic (and sadistic) coworkers found a big spider in the lab and decided to cook it in a glass beaker on one of the hot plates

Just, damn, I get it if you don't like spiders, but you don't have to inhumanely nuke a poor creature like that

hestoncv

Arachnosquire
Meh. There are a ton of things I couldn't imagine eating, but, if you grew up eating it, it's not "weird" to you.

And I really don't get the correlation to handling.
I was just joking tbh. Just people spaz about letting it crawl on your hand and this dude is selling them to eat

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I had a tequila flavor sucker with a scorpion in it once. The scorpion was kind of like inside out popcorn as far as texture goes. Killed the first few layers of skin in my mouth where I sucked on it. Over all, not bad. Wouldn't spend 90$ on it though.

hestoncv

Arachnosquire
I had a tequila flavor sucker with a scorpion in it once. The scorpion was kind of like inside out popcorn as far as texture goes. Killed the first few layers of skin in my mouth where I sucked on it. Over all, not bad. Wouldn't spend 90$ on it though.
I have never been able to buy one. Disgust me

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I’m curious of how they taste honestly. Probably wouldn’t be that bad.
Apparently the taste is a cross between chicken and prawn, and with the added bonus that you can use the fangs to clean the bits out from your teeth afterwards.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
So what? People pay a lot of money to eat bugs pulled out of the water. There isn’t too big of a difference between eating a crustacean such as a lobster, crab, or crawfish and eating an arachnid. They are both arthropods.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
So what? People pay a lot of money to eat bugs pulled out of the water. There isn’t too big of a difference between eating a crustacean such as a lobster, crab, or crawfish and eating an arachnid. They are both arthropods.
I never looked at it that way, you are right!!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe all the handlers here will take a cue from the label where it reads these animals are fragile.