If you could have but one..

ZOKU

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My fave right now... definitely my G. rosea... my first T and definitely my favorite. Hands down.

One I'd like to have? Definitely P. metallica... I'm star struck everytime I see a photo. :D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, i think i'd choose from those i already have (though i never could make that choice irl), an i think i'd be my b. annitha girl. AWESOME colours and markings (a lot better than smithi ;)), always out in the open, good eater and quite docile temperament...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd probably have to say, one of the large, hairy "birdeater" varieties: Nhandu, Acanthoscurria, Lasiodora--something like that :) A nice-looking, large, HAIRY species with equal parts apetite and attitude. Fun stuff :D

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well... this is a tough choice!

Only one T... sheesh! How about more than on of the same?

I would really like to keep my 2 pokies :} So the p. metallica it is for me!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it a hard one on looks then B/ SMITHI and for the temperament B / ALBOPILOSA and this is a bit old ? ***** phil

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Given the law of averages, let alone the theory that every action you take would have to have been done exactly the same in the past, given the scope of infinity, I'm sure this question has been asked. However, for fun's sake..

If you had to make a choice, what one spider would you keep? Let's say for arguments sake, it has to be one that's atleast occasionally available in the hobby. What are your reasons behind the choice? And for the hell of it, how about that one dream T you know you'll probably never see, but would jump at the chance to keep?

My realistic choice, personally, would be the C. fasciatum. For some reason, I just think this is the single coolest T of them all.

My unrealistic choice, would be that "Cyclosternum pentaloris" or whatever it was really called that brought up discussion a while back, whether or not it still exists, or was a short-term hybrid, or what have you.

Bill
If I could have only one in my "collection" lol..It would have to be the Curly Hair (Brachypelma albopilosum). I love the fact that all they do is eat. I love watching spiders be spiders and eating their food is one of the most entertaining things to watch from stalking, catching, eating, and cleaning up the mess afterwards. also patients is something we all could learn from tarantulas as they seem to wait at the entrance of their burrows for food to pass by. And as we all know in the wild food doesnt come on a regular a basis as it does in captivity. so patients is a virtue.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i would have to say X immanis for sure
these things can eat. one time when i put a cricket in for my 2", it missed it after the first try and then went psycho running around the cage looking for it
once it got the cricket it stayed in one spot and ate
it was kinda funny to watch

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. rosea

good range of colors and attitudes and they are double plus tough

plus... i kind of like the idea of a spider you can slow grow to live for potentially 50+ years :D

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooooh, this is a tough one.

Based on what little experience I have....I would say that I would keep my A. Geniculata. So cool to watch it move around....mine's not even that defensive.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hysterocrates gigas

Alas, that's the only T I currently am keeping. Was my dream spider for some while when I was younger, I dont know why. It is a bit reclusive to be my hypothetical only spider, but they are radical.

Next on my list is P. Murinus.