If you could have but one..

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not fancy, but i love my Chilean Copper.
If i could have ANY choice? B. smithi for certain.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L.cristata and C.cyaneopubescens

They are just beautiful!! I don't know the just appeal to me the most. I can get those!! So far they are my favorite species of spiders I don't have ;)

But there are hundreds more!

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
I thought you said you wouldn't rub it in. ;) Lucky!
Did ou collect your's personally?

Atrax
Nope, I had a friend in the Blue Mountains who got the specimen for me, nice spider too! My favourites from the Hexathelidae though are definately H. formidabilis, that one to the left is H. formidabilis, awesome critters, arboreal too. H. infensa were groovey too, although they're very secretive, hardly ever saw them. They'd spin this amazing sock that they'd live in and when it came to feeding, they'd just pull the prey through the sock.

The other non-theraphosid mygale that I've kept that is just amazing is Missulena occatoria, just the most amazing, powerful bite. I had one crush a pencil that I was using to adjust the specimen for a photo.

Steve

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steve,
Of all of these genus, is it more common that the female is the more venomous (like with Hexathelidae) or the male (like with Atrax)?

Atrax

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
IW ILL NEVER CHOOSE!!!! NEVER, IF I HAD 2 CHOOSE IT WOULD BE ALL OF THEM, ALL OF THEM ARE GREAT. THATS LIKE SAYING EAT ONE FOOD, OR GET THE SAME MOVIE OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
MY FAV SPIDER IS my costa Rican Zebra, i love that little girl;P so pooh on the other "BEST" spiders there all great , this one just happends 2 be my fav

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Steve,
Of all of these genus, is it more common that the female is the more venomous (like with Hexathelidae) or the male (like with Atrax)?

Atrax
I believe it's about half and half, I'll dig up some stuff and see what I can find.

Steve

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh wow....I can't believe I clicked on this..and now I feel compelled to choose....oh dear!
Must I?
*looks around wildly*
I think it would just have to be my juvenile A versicolor...oh no, wait..my A chalcodes is just the sweetest spider in the world, she has taranuality...
no, wait again!!! what about my G pulchra female? Or my honkin BIG L parahybana?!
That P formosa that ran in my armpit is really cool too..and so is my little C crayshawi female..
damn it!!!!
I CAN'T choose just one ...aarrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The one that I have really been wanting is L.Cristata. I really like their looks. I ordered one today, so I can't wait. I also would like the M.Peterklaasi. Mine died over the week-end, so I need another one. Pam

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by pamandron
Mine died over the week-end, so I need another one. Pam
Hi,
Sorry to hear about the death, but I like your reasoning!

Condolences,
Steve

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My gosh, I just couldn't pick only one, I have way too many that are gorgeous- all my ornamentals, trinidad chevron, suntigers, costa rican tiger rump, antilles pinktoe, just to name a few. I would have a nervous breakdown if I had to pick only one.

My dream spider would be the P.metallica though. I can pick that one. I am getting a P.miranda so I won't say that one.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...keep the smithi. She's so pretty and she's rarely defensive.

As far as something I'll prolly never get...either a blondi (I still insist that it's an 8-legged cat...), or one of those hideous trap door spiders. Just because they're ugly LoL

N.

GoliathTaylor

Arachnopeon
if you could only have 1 T...

Definitely T. Blondi. Has been my fav for 4 years and am planning to get one soon. I think, why go half way when you can get the best (in my opinion, of course). Why go for the prince when you can have the king?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Although I do like my C. fasciatum, I will choose to keep my GBB.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so hard to pick....but....

Cyriopagopus sp. "blue", because of the species' coloring and size, and the fact that mine isn't that defensive or skittish yet. perfect for photography practice {D

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'd keep a t. blondi. out of all the tarantulas out there, i think they're the best.

Cory Loomis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are you insane?

Or have you been talking to my wife? (Actually, the number she suggested to me was 2 dozen or so. And that was after I cut back to 120.) No way I could choose. Heck, I'm antsy now. I only have 8 vials with slings, and they're ready to move up to peanut butter jars. And with most species I only have 1 specimen. This is cruel and unusual punishment.... And you could choose just 1? How?