If you could combine any two species of tarantula, which would you?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Here's one for @Chris LXXIX ;) Not really a combination (possible though but I don't know much about T's) but what about parthenogenetic P.muticus xD. btw just a quick question that can be answered simply but are there any parthenogenetic tarantulas?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Here's one for @Chris LXXIX ;) Not really a combination (possible though but I don't know much about T's) but what about parthenogenetic P.muticus xD. btw just a quick question that can be answered simply but are there any parthenogenetic tarantulas?
That would definitely make the goddess more available

sasker

Arachnoprince
Euathlus sp red with any of the Phormictopus spp. A docile tarantula that actually eats.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I'd have to say N. incei and T. stirmi. You'd get the webbing and beautiful gold color + the size and bulkiness of a SA birdeater :D That IMO would be one of the perfect T's ;)
A massive eating machine with the speed of an N. incei...Are you insane?! ;)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
A massive eating machine with the speed of an N. incei...Are you insane?! ;)
You could be really crazy and mix an OBT with a Pampho sp. chicken spider. Then you'd have the biggest and most defensive T on the planet ;) And imagine the MM of that... :hungry:

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
umm. yea soo if we could take the beauty and the glory that is T. seladonia, and combine that with the size of T. Blondi?

and also, if we could also cross like, say, a G. Pulchra with a P metallica that would be great,
the bulk and terrestrial temperament/growth rate of a Pulchra with a beautiful color display of the P. Metallica? yea that would be well worth the hundreds of dollars i would throw at somebody for it.
well!! there's already one spices to fits that description perfectly..... C.cyaneopubescens. well expect for the bulkiness:rolleyes:... good coloration, nice temprament, sometimes arboreal,sometimes terrestial.:D:astonished:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Theraphosa stirmi mixed with Neoholothele incei -- has the stirmi size but coloration, growth speed, etc. are all from the incei.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hypothetically speaking, if you could combine any two species of tarantula, which would you combine and why?
I'm surprised no one has said [species with awful urticating hairs] + [species with no urticating hairs] = just to get red of the urticating hairs. (You know you want a Theraphosa blondi that doesn't require a hazmat suit.)

Grammostola pulchra + Poecilotheria metallica = easygoing arboreal with mild venom and pretty colors

Psalmopoeus cambridgei + Caribena versicolor = a bigger, bolder, faster versi

Theraphosa stirmi + Dolichothele diamantinensis = giant rainbow spider with no urticating hairs

Monocentropus balfouri + Pterinochilus murinus = one hilarious communal setup

Xafron

Arachnosquire
Theraphosa blondi for it's size, and Avicularia Purpurea for it's color and temperament. The downside is the amount of poop an 11 inch Avic could shoot at you...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm surprised no one has said [species with awful urticating hairs] + [species with no urticating hairs] = just to get red of the urticating hairs. (You know you want a Theraphosa blondi that doesn't require a hazmat suit.)

Grammostola pulchra + Poecilotheria metallica = easygoing arboreal with mild venom and pretty colors

Psalmopoeus cambridgei + Caribena versicolor = a bigger, bolder, faster versi

Theraphosa stirmi + Dolichothele diamantinensis = giant rainbow spider with no urticating hairs

Monocentropus balfouri + Pterinochilus murinus = one hilarious communal setup
My thoughts exactly, only then concerning the potent venom. I'd love to keep all the baboon species, inluding their temperament, but without the potent venom.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
So wait, in a trolling thread this is wrong but in another that's hypothetical it's ok? Lol in that case, I'll take a man, a bear and a pig; Manbearpig. For serioul. Super serioul.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
H. Hercules and LP A true alternative to T. Blondi and since were pairing it with the lp they'll be given away as freebies.
S. Satanas and LP I would also like these to be around and given away as freebies.

On a more serious note
GBB and P. Ornata a GBB with the size and disposition of an Ornata

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So wait, in a trolling thread this is wrong but in another that's hypothetical it's ok?
Intent matters.

This thread is obviously just for fun, with no one seriously thinking about creating hybrids.

Most of the FrankenTs being suggested could not exist anyway, being from unrelated genera that would be unable to interbreed.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Intent matters.

This thread is obviously just for fun, with no one seriously thinking about creating hybrids.

Most of the FrankenTs being suggested could not exist anyway, being from unrelated genera that would be unable to interbreed.
The intent of a troll is to get you going. Like I just did there, getting you to be serious, while I giggle away. ;)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I would like to combine A.iodus and M.balfouri....so I can find them in my theoretical "backyard".

Timc

Arachnosquire
GBB and anything that could keep it small enough to retain those awesome sling colors they have. As soon as my female started showing adult colors I got the itch to get another baby.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
well!! there's already one spices to fits that description perfectly..... C.cyaneopubescens. well expect for the bulkiness:rolleyes:... good coloration, nice temprament, sometimes arboreal,sometimes terrestial.:D:astonished:
C.cyaneopubescens is beautiful, and does have the colorization of P. Met, but not the pattern or the Yellows ;).