If at first you don't succeed...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, even though I have not had the best of luck when it comes to arborials, I'm gonna give it another shot.

I just ordered my first versicolor from Swift. Let's hope I can raise this one to maturity and even to breeding status.

*knocks on table 3 times with crossed fingers*

Oh, and I ordered a L. cristata too.

Now the wait -- :eek: :) :eek: .

Jon

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates on the new purchases and I hope they get to ya real soon and grow to Beauties.
:)

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wanna see what Swift's versicolors look like?

Look at the thread "new pictures". That is mine from Swift's...I havent had it long, we will own siblings ...I am very pleased.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my versicolor from him in November....it just molted a few weeks ago. It's a cute little spider, and it eats like a pig.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations and good luck with your new purchases. I'm jealous now...I want a L. cristatus too!!!

Andy::(

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey good luck i'm just going to try the arboreal thing.. i'm looking into a aviulara for my first attept i think..

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
congrats, big d, on your new tarantula purchases! versi's are a very beautiful species, i gotta admit. and you __know__ my heart belongs to stripey spiders!

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good choice's,I have a L.cristata female.you wont be disapointed .Mine is about 4" the only time she hides is when she goes into premolt.absolutly beutiful, they grow fast to.I still think you should get another P.cambridgei. Mine molted out not to long ago into a 41/2" awsome moss green long legged cricket killing machine.that was my first arborial.
good luck Jon

P.s. if it helps any I have lost 2 A.vers. slings:8o :8o :( :(

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Doug H
I still think you should get another P.cambridgei. Mine molted out not to long ago into a 41/2" awsome moss green long legged cricket killing machine.that was my first arborial.
good luck Jon

P.s. if it helps any I have lost 2 A.vers. slings:8o :8o :( :(
Well, I've made the decision that I'm going to stay away from Old World spiders. And even though the cambridgi is New World, it still is more like an Old World than a New World. It is reported to have stronger venom than New World spiders. Even if this turns out to be false, I still can't get the idea out of my head. And I'm afraid that I might overreact if it ran up my arm towards my face or something. It would most likely be the end of the spider. I don't want to kill another spider because I am afraid of it. So even though they are amongst the prettiest of the New Worlders, I'm gonna have to stay away from them for the time being.

Jon