If A Brocklehursti doesn't exist, what do I have?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blah! Blah! Blah! Yes both are considered geniculata but both are not the same in appearances so therefore both technically in a appearance are not the same. Same homosapiens different races. So want them to be pure always keep them separately. I would label each one as Acanthoscurria geniculata “Giant White Knee” and Acanthoscurria geniculata “Giant White Banded.

But hey good luck finding the real deal of both in the hobby. There are to many different variants of them that everyone is just calling them geniculata and not giving any consideration of mating/breeding the right variants together.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I know this thread is a lil bit old but I didnt have read it yet.

Most of infos here are right, like:
Hobby A. brocklehursti was never the real deal and it has always been A. geniculata, which has no subspecies or whatever.

The real/scientifical A. brocklehursti was synonymized with A. theraphosoides.

There are, indeed, many band marks variants in this species and, unfortunately, lots of these variants were paired already, which makes really difficult to find pure bloodlines nowadays (I believe Jose Berrios has a few wc ones there).

That said, in case you need a reference, here's a pic of the real A. theraphosoides (ex. A. brocklehursti).
20191030_091436.jpg

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
Thanks for all the input! As long as it has the same husbandry/growth rate as a “real” A genic, I suppose that’s all that matters. I have no interest in breeding, just wanted a fast grower! I am keeping that pic as a reference for when it is older, right now it just looks brown with tan stripes (it’s about 1” now). It’s my favorite sling right now: super active, burrows but is visible through the glass.