Identity Crisis

CakeLore

Arachnosquire
Awww. <3 Did you rehouse her recently? My G. pulchripes always sits on the wall for a week after being rehoused, like she's throwing a very slow temper tantrum.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Awww. <3 Did you rehouse her recently? My G. pulchripes always sits on the wall for a week after being rehoused, like she's throwing a very slow temper tantrum.
No. This one just has a habit of doing this for no real reason. She's a bit quirky.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some Ts are picky about their substrate I've heard. If she doesn't come down for a while maybe change brands.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My male A. chalcodes is the same way... he loves to wander and climb (he isn't mature yet, either). The other day he was *upside down* on the glass LOL

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Some Ts are picky about their substrate I've heard. If she doesn't come down for a while maybe change brands.
That's the thing. It has been the same substrate forever and usually she does sit on it. But she gets it in her head that she's arboreal so hey who am I to crush dreams ???

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My B.smithi can shake tarsals with yours. Find her a week against the wall, next week in a plant, and then she's just lounging on her log. And when I start wondering if there is something wrong with the substrate, tadaaa, she's on the floor again.
Maybe they can go to a support meeting together 'how to be an arboreal in a terrestrial body' :D

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Transpecies tarantulas lol

I feel like as long as there isn't any fall hazard, and you know their set-up is appropriate.
Than just enjoy their quirky nature

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Mine does the same. It will sometimes just hang out like that for days then change to chilling on the substrate. Quite a few of my tarantulas do that actually.

louise f

Arachnoangel
I once had a smithi doing the same, and she loved to re decorade the hell out of the enclosure too. She had some fake plants that she always was pulling in.
She was a real entertainer at nights :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I once had a smithi doing the same, and she loved to re decorade the hell out of the enclosure too. She had some fake plants that she always was pulling in.
She was a real entertainer at nights :D
They do seem to have specific requirements about their architecture...THIS plant goes over THERE, and THAT bark should be down HERE.
Next evening: nope, still no good, let's try again...

If tarantula could sweat, mine would be in a swamp every other day...

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
See the real question is what species does it identify with?

I think it's just species fluid tarantula.