Identifying Tropical Pink vs Tropical White Springtails?

HereBeSpringtails

Arachnopeon
Hi All,

I recently bought two separate cultures of tropical white & tropical pink springtails, I wanted to see which variety did better. Is there a way to identify if I actually have two separate varieties or just one?

For the life of me I can't tell the difference between the two cultures, I think the "pinks" MIGHT have a very slightly pink tint / banding to them but It might just me trying to find a difference.

I attached a picture of each variety. I think the one with the green back writing in the background is the tropical pink while the other is the tropical white. Thoughts?

PXL_20210413_224326861 - Copy.jpg Pink? PXL_20210413_224107758 - Copy.jpg White (lighting makes it more pink than it appears)?

Attachments

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
I know this is somewhat of an older question, but "tropical pink" and "tropical white" are different names for the same species, Sinella curviseta. If you wish for color variety you could feed them different colored foods, which will show up in the body.

HereBeSpringtails

Arachnopeon
I appreciate the response!

That explains why I've been having such trouble telling them apart and finding any information comparing them. A bit misleading by people selling them but I guess that is to be expected. Thank you!