identify this black beauty for me?

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
got this T for free a few weeks back, cant remember what the person had said it was.

please identify

about 6-7 inches. and very thick, the last molt looked alot like chaco colors.

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well turns out the guy got kicked out of his apartment, and couldnt take his spiders with him to his new apartment. so he gave me this and a small obt. i gave the obt away already bc i simply dont want to bother with that lil monster.

he/she is very fastly becoming 1 of my favorites.

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Wow, I paid over a hundred and fifty for one smaller than that one. You are one lucky dude. Good catch. Mine is by far my favorite.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Daaaaang. I spent $40 on a sling last week! I REALLY wish someone would give me a tarantula! Congrats, now post ventral pics in the sexing area so we can see what he/she is.

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i finaly just got a digital camera, so next time i can get a clear shot. it will be taken :)

hopefully female!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jesters, Yep, that's one heckuva awesome find. Almost a deal of a lifetime under the circumstances you described. Hope it's a female for ya! :clap:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I came across an adult "supposed female" on craigslist for 80$ last year, but you cant top that deal!!! Congrats on your G. pulchra. :clap:

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ventral pics will have to wait, he/she doesnt climb very often. and i have never did the grasp method between the legs.. so when he/she climbs again i will take a pic for sure.

wish i had a digital camera when i had the last molt..

jt39565

Arachnoknight
If you know anyone thats got a Poecilotheria metallica I'll be more than happy to accept it as a gift!!

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
<edit> ya!!!!!!!!! and no i will not excuse my french..

i am happy.. thank you guys! this has turned out to be a great catch.

Last edited by a moderator: