identification

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If this is indeed a native species from Singapore I would be very interested in examining a molt to determine the actual identity of this specimen. As other persons has made aware there is a slight chance that this may be an introduced species, most likely from any of the many illegal tarantula keepers in Singapore. However - if it is a native species I have a hypothesis were it may belong taxonomically! So if it is possible please send me a PM to arrange for posting a molt skin from this specimen for identification ;-)

Regards
Søren

Hello, this tarantula has a somewhat rare history. A man I am called and it said to me that in a box that came with screws tarantula came this. The box comes from singapore. I believe that it can be a Cyriopagopus, but I do not have it very sure somebody knows what is?

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
continuous being a very long trip and much chance so healthy arriving, if that she was much more thin, that I get fat much so that I gave it to eat, but it continues being very many chance

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If this is indeed a native species from Singapore I would be very interested in examining a molt to determine the actual identity of this specimen. As other persons has made aware there is a slight chance that this may be an introduced species, most likely from any of the many illegal tarantula keepers in Singapore. However - if it is a native species I have a hypothesis were it may belong taxonomically! So if it is possible please send me a PM to arrange for posting a molt skin from this specimen for identification ;-)

Regards
Søren
Hey Søren,

i asked first ... LOL ;)

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jajajajajaja whichever times you want that it changes? it does not go has to have but that a dumb one and surely behind schedule enough in making it, don´t worry that if dumb hare an intense photographic news article for its correct identification. and it will keep the dumb one well

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Then I expect you to share the data with me ;-) I am curious if it has rows of spines on maxilla or not? ;-)

Søren
Hi Søren,

dunno, have to take a look if you are nice to me. :D

Yes, of course i would share the data - and i'm also very curious if it has a stridulation organ on the maxillae. :rolleyes:

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am going to try to do a photo to him between the eyeteeth, but I do not promise anything, will be difficult

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i still think its a normal colour form P - MURINUS as i got one and does it matter how he got its a good looking ( t ) be happy for it and him ? -- phil

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good shown the defensive the sufficient time for a good photo between the eyeteeth does not become, but I have been able to listen to his estridulacion, in case it clarifies something, here I leave a pair of photos

Attachments

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i still think its a normal colour form P - MURINUS as i got one and does it matter how he got its a good looking ( t ) be happy for it and him ? -- phil
Its your choice what you think - but i can say, that i saw several P. murinus till now and this is defently NOT a TCF. ;P

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
but I have been able to listen to his estridulacion, in case it clarifies something
... not really. Even my C. marshalli females stridulates, without a prominent stridulation organ. ;)

The pics still assume a harpactirinae to me. ;)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL well i was thinking it was flat :clap: {D :razz: {D :D hope i do not fall off it LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: -- phil

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

Interestin thread here...
Timo and Soren.
Tell me please, where can I find an info about any Harpactirinae native to Asia?
Thanks in advance! ;)

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello!

Interestin thread here...
Timo and Soren.
Tell me please, where can I find an info about any Harpactirinae native to Asia?
Thanks in advance! ;)
Hi Mikhail,

afaik there arent any Harpactirinae in Asia native.

But i also wrote before:
Timo Raab said:
There are exports from africa to other countrys, maybe even to asia. So its possible that he got it from a local asian dealer who imported from africa.
Its not sure that this spider was found in asia, or? Is there any proof that the spider was caught in Singapore? ;)

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Timo.
I remeber ince I get several Cordylus tropidosternum from USA.
Sure, that not meant they're native to USA but was re-exported.
So, I see. ;)

And BTW. One man here catch the Boa constrictor in Moscow "on the road" as well this is not meant that Boa constrictors are often inhabiting Moscow streets ;)

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And, I'm sure that this harpactirine spider from wharever it's sent or claim to been sent, is still Harpactirine ;)
Reminds me Pterinochilus too but I'm not dealing with africans much as You know so not sure for the species... just looking murinus-ish to me for the educated guess ;)