identification

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, this tarantula has a somewhat rare history. A man I am called and it said to me that in a box that came with screws tarantula came this. The box comes from singapore. I believe that it can be a Cyriopagopus, but I do not have it very sure somebody knows what is?

Attachments

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very impressive whatever it is!!looks like it is some ornithoctinae species.send the pic to Soren or Volker

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Looks a lot like a Harpactirinae to me even if it was posted from Asia :confused:.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
I was thinking the same Bill. Maybe P.murinus dark form?

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This tarantula is from Singapore..... don´t could be a Pterinochilius

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks a lot like a Harpactirinae to me even if it was posted from Asia :confused:.
yeah your right there.i was thrown off for a min and thought i was lookign at a chevron marking on the abdomen but it does look very african

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no, it´s a female... looking for i think that is a Ornithoctonus andersoni.... could be???

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

Pterinochilus murinus dark color form, you are one very lucky guy

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

yes, i agree, looks very like the "rumored" P. murinus DCF.

Sure ID after examine the exuviae. ;)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a n- c - f - of p - murinus i have one very much like it about 3in - 4 in big if thats any help :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) ;) ;) -- phil

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
them if is a p. murinus dark form could be posible get any male¿

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If I'm understanding you correctly, I would say the man who called you is full of bologna. ;)

First: I don't see how an African species could be in a box of screws shipped from Singapore to Spain. Singapore is not in Africa.

Second: How did it survive in the box of screws without serious injury?

Third: Why does it look remarkably well fed and in good physical shape for being a supposed wild import?

I think there's more to this story than meets the eye. My first impression on seeing it was that it looks like a funky color morph of P. murinus.

Please don't take this rudely, but how are you so certain that its a female, but yet can't ID it. :?

latastei

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Taceas, I think that not all history either, but the man who me the gift kept it in a fauna-box with earth from the street, was of about 20 years and face of not to have seen but that that tarantula in all its life.
What I either do not understand is that tarantula does one of Africa in Asia.
It does not have much sense.
Even so what I continue thinking is that not a pterinochilius.

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Raul,

the habitus is typical for Harpactirinae, i have no doubt that it is an african spider.

There are exports from africa to other countrys, maybe even to asia. ;) So its possible that he got it from a local asian dealer who imported from africa. :D