Identification? I caught this guy in my house twice.

thyrza

Arachnopeon
The day that I moved in to our new house I saw a spider that was so unusual that I took it's picture. It had been hiding on the bottom of a rarely used screen door. The property has been vacant for at least 6-8 months so all the doors were rarely used. Here is the link to the photoset:

Spider

I caught the spider, photographed it and took it out into the desert to release it. About 3 weeks later I found it in the house again up at the crease of the wall and ceiling in the hallway. The way that I know that it is the same spider is that it has 7 1/2 legs. The front right leg was either malformed or the spider was an amputee.
I am pretty sure this is not a recluse because it was so big- The glass diameter in the photo was
3 and 3/8 inches. It was also not so reclusive if it felt at home in our busy hallway... It also seems to have too many eyes to be a recluse.
I took it back out to the desert to release it a second time but because it was so dark (at night) I did not go that far. I also did not realize that it was the same spider until I went back to my photos.
Do I need to be concerned?
I would appreciate any input you might have.

revilo

Arachnoknight
hello,

it's for sure a sparassidae ( a huntsman spider, giant crab spider).
maybe neosparassus or olios, but this just as a guess...
harmless spiders, no reason to be afraid...

regards, oli

thyrza

Arachnopeon
Thanks!

Thanks for the ID on my little room mate. I am much happier to know he will not do any serious harm. That was very nice of you to reply so fast!

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely an Olios sp. perhaps Olios fasciculatus!

Great spider, I've been going out to Joshua Tree since I was a wee tot... never managed to find Olios before, congrats! Sure must be nice to live in such a beautiful desert!

revilo

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the ID on my little room mate. I am much happier to know he will not do any serious harm. That was very nice of you to reply so fast!
not to mention it, all the time again...;)

bye,oli