Ideas for creating a local Tarantula club?

Binky/Carol

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I live in Madison, there are some good stores and care well for the T's around here..
There are some websites, and 2 times a year a reptile show/sale.
People are buying the T's from the stores.. but no one knows of any particular specific T or reptile group that meets..
I have checked Yahoo/MSN and a few other places to see if there was a local group.
I have the okay of a store manager to put a flyer up about creating a T group.. NEXT to where the T's are displayed.

Besides creating an online group, and setting up a place where we could meet..Any other ideas?

Carol

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Carol,
Use the members section, looking for individuals in your area. Send them a pm to join start a group. Use Yahoo to start the group to see if there is interest. As folks sign up arrange to have that 1st meeting. Good luck.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm actually looking to do the same thing for down here in Ohio, here's my plan with some of my ideas. If you like them feel free to use them in your area, if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

First off I'm going to hand make a .com website for this T group that will cost less then $5 a year to run (I know how to do it, trust me ;P ),that way membership can be free to from Ohio. Then use all the ohio members I can gather to create the most detailed caresheets around. My g/f has already contacted one entamolagist professor at Akron University (I believe that was where.) so I'm gonna try to get ahold of him. See if he has any students doing any T studies and try to get some of his information for websight exclusive publications. I'm going to try to strike some deals with various breeders from here in Ohio and outside the state to get some tips on breeders and create a section devoted to Ohio breeders and other breeders/sellers we recomend as a unit. I also have various advertisement methods (including the one you did) but that's way to far in the further, gotta get the website and some charter members first. :D

I've already talked to several people in a seperate post from Ohio, From Cleveland to Cincinnati, so things are looking pretty good getting started.