Ideas for cooling an enclosure?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so say I need to keep my enclosure in the low 20's. Like 20-23 celsius through a hot summer area. I will need to maintain this temperature with little fluctuation. What are my options? Are there miniature air conditioners of some sort? :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
And why? There is no problem with T's between 18C - 32C that I have ever noticed.

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been thinking about this too, not for the purpose you want it but maybe for breeding purposes in the future. G. pulchra often needs a cooling period, with relative low temperatures for inducing eggsack production. I've heard of people using modified champaign coolers for this purpose, if you don't have a cool spot in you house as do I.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it isn't for t's at all really, but i figured the most people experienced in setting up terrariums would probably come by this forum. my intention is to experiment with the captive keeping/breeding of pillbugs, which are much more difficult to keep, and need to be kept at lower temps with higher humidity. i'd like to keep several enclosures at different varying temps, and am trying to concoct a plan on how i can build custom enclosures which i can maintain at a certain lower temperature. i have a pretty offbeat idea involving a room air-conditioner, slinkyhose and fans, but i need to get some money together to start experimenting with the idea. if anyone could come up with a better, more task oriented product for maintaining a climatized enclosure, that would be spectacular...

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
it isn't for t's at all really, but i figured the most people experienced in setting up terrariums would probably come by this forum. my intention is to experiment with the captive keeping/breeding of pillbugs, which are much more difficult to keep, and need to be kept at lower temps with higher humidity. i'd like to keep several enclosures at different varying temps, and am trying to concoct a plan on how i can build custom enclosures which i can maintain at a certain lower temperature. i have a pretty offbeat idea involving a room air-conditioner, slinkyhose and fans, but i need to get some money together to start experimenting with the idea. if anyone could come up with a better, more task oriented product for maintaining a climatized enclosure, that would be spectacular...
That it isn't a specific T question explains it.