Ideal cage setup/habitat for happy Flatrock Scorpions?

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How should I setup a cage for a Flat Rock scorpion? I currently have rocks scattered around the cage, but the substrate is peat moss. What substrate should I use, if any? Or is it just rocks and stuff? Any tips or pictures would be really appreciated. I have heard that people glued rocks together and stuff or something, how does this work?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea

i heard peat moss or sand. use rocks glued on top of each other or stable so they dont crush your scorp!!

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My encolsure.

Here's my flat rock. At the bottom you can see silhouette of the scorpion.

Hope this helps :) ;I also have another small structure similar to this one on the other side of its tank. Just another tip NEVER buy rocks at the pet store they are super expensive. Pick up the yellow pages and look for a landscape/rock company; call ask for floorscape rock/slate. They can give a great deal 13 - 22 cents a pound. I purchased a 5 gallon bucket for 7.45. I have a ton of rock left over for future use. I made a small cave for my p. cav with some of that rock, but all he cared to use it for was as an entrance for his burrow. :D

Last edited:

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you want them stacked on top of one another, or just laying on the dirt though? And should they be glued? How much space in between?

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LF[Media];916737 said:
Do you want them stacked on top of one another, or just laying on the dirt though? And should they be glued? How much space in between?
there isn't really one right way to do it, get creative as long as it's dry and and the temps are right you should be fine...

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It would look more natural if the rocks are piled randomly. Let your scorp choose the best spot.

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He found his spot and has been hiding there since last night, he seems content. I will post pics of the new setup soon.

Zeroc00l_7

Arachnopeon
Here's my flat rock. At the bottom you can see silhouette of the scorpion.

Hope this helps :) ;I also have another small structure similar to this one on the other side of its tank. Just another tip NEVER buy rocks at the pet store they are super expensive. Pick up the yellow pages and look for a landscape/rock company; call ask for floorscape rock/slate. They can give a great deal 13 - 22 cents a pound. I purchased a 5 gallon bucket for 7.45. I have a ton of rock left over for future use. I made a small cave for my p. cav with some of that rock, but all he cared to use it for was as an entrance for his burrow. :D
where is the pic of your aquarium men? me i still dont know what setup im gonna do whith my SPINIFER