Idaho Scorpion

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greetings, I live about 40 air miles north of Boise. I have lived here all 47 years of my life. In all that time I have only seen 2 scorpions. One when I was a wee one and then another today. I caught it as it was trying to get in my garage. It is about 1.75 inches total length. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what species it may be.The area we live in is dry and rocky and hot in the summer and COLD in the winter. Anyone have any ideas what it is?
Thanks, Blane

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I didn't know there was scorps in Idaho lol, Potato scorp

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You cant get an ID simply be telling us where you are. Although that is some vital information. Post some pics up and we can help you better.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scorps in Idaho include:

Hoffmannius confusus
Kochius hirsuticauda
Serradigitus wupatkiensis
Paruroctonus boreus
Hadrurus spadix (wow!)
Anuroctonus phaiodactylus (one of my favorite genus)

-Eddy

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You cant get an ID simply be telling us where you are. Although that is some vital information. Post some pics up and we can help you better.
Im not sure I am smart enough to post pictures!!

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorps in Idaho include:

Hoffmannius confusus
Kochius hirsuticauda
Serradigitus wupatkiensis
Paruroctonus boreus
Hadrurus spadix (wow!)
Anuroctonus phaiodactylus (one of my favorite genus)

-Eddy
WOW I didnt realize we had so many different species. I have always been interested in tarantulas, now I better get interested in scorps. This is the neatest little scorp. Do you suppose it to late to find more?
Thanks for the info, Blane

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey hey hey!!!! Happy cows come from California.

If you say its small that pretty much eliminates H. spadix. Its not that hard to post a picture take it, host in on an image hosting site like photobucket (but i cant see PB from my computer so I reccommend Servimg.com) and it gives you the url code. Copy the code on post it like this on the forum

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey hey hey!!!! Happy cows come from California.

If you say its small that pretty much eliminates H. spadix. Its not that hard to post a picture take it, host in on an image hosting site like photobucket (but i cant see PB from my computer so I reccommend Servimg.com) and it gives you the url code. Copy the code on post it like this on the forum

i shall see if I can get some photos up a little later.
Thanks, Blane.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How come everyone always associates Idaho with potatos? We have so much more to offer, how about cows?!!!!!
WOW, I didnt realize there were that many species either. And cows, huh, cool, most adds I see about Idaho are about potatos. If I had a cow in Idaho Id name it Spud though.{D Dont worry, everyone thinks all we have are tourists here in Fl. heh....wait a minute, most of what we have are Tourists

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

WOW, I didnt realize there were that many species either. And cows, huh, cool, most adds I see about Idaho are about potatos. If I had a cow in Idaho Id name it Spud though.{D Dont worry, everyone thinks all we have are tourists here in Fl. heh....wait a minute, most of what we have are Tourists
Believe it or not but even ol' Idaho gets LOTS of tourists. Must be the potatos and "Spud"!!!

CrickyKat

Arachnopeon
How come everyone always associates Idaho with potatos? We have so much more to offer, how about cows?!!!!!
No joke! And lentils! Up north here we don't even GROW potatoes! We are, however, the lentil capital of the world supplying 1/3 of the world's lentils. None of which americans ever eat. Just like I NEVER get Idaho potatoes because those darned southerners won't share!

Ola, I'm holding you personally responsible for the lack of Idaho potatoes in my life. No particular reason, just because you're the only south Idahoan I know. {D

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you guys are great, lol, and I love lentil soup

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's still a good time to find scorps as long as it isn't getting too cold where you live right now, as in below 50. Below that they will be hibernating.

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's still a good time to find scorps as long as it isn't getting too cold where you live right now, as in below 50. Below that they will be hibernating.
Might be to late. It has been getting down in the low 30s.
Thanks

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and. . .

Trout. One of the leading producers of trout in the US. And Republicans. Except for Boise, all the Democrats live in Boise. This is gonna get ugly now! I'm pretty jacked to know that we have scorps! I'd be happier if we had native t's, but hey, Utah is only a few hours away, and they have some.

No joke! And lentils! Up north here we don't even GROW potatoes! We are, however, the lentil capital of the world supplying 1/3 of the world's lentils. None of which americans ever eat. Just like I NEVER get Idaho potatoes because those darned southerners won't share!

Ola, I'm holding you personally responsible for the lack of Idaho potatoes in my life. No particular reason, just because you're the only south Idahoan I know. {D

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Trout. One of the leading producers of trout in the US. And Republicans. Except for Boise, all the Democrats live in Boise. This is gonna get ugly now! I'm pretty jacked to know that we have scorps! I'd be happier if we had native t's, but hey, Utah is only a few hours away, and they have some.
Trout, cows and potatos. What more could a state want?! Whats a Republican?! We have them in Idaho? Well I may be off to look for more scorps tomorrow nite if it doesnt rain. Wish me luck.

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK, Here this little guy is. Does anyone have any ideas as to species?

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmmm... I think it is some kind of vaejovid.

or mabye Smeringurus mesaensis.

or mabye a Hadruruoides spp.