ID this Scorp...

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
got this guy today for $8...it's sold as a Chinese Golden Scorp with no scientific name so I guess that would make it a Mesobuthus martenssi. The following is a pic, the guy is about 1.5''. Just want a definite ID on it since I'm not familiar with this specie...thanks.

Attachments

pinchythescorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how much do scorpions cost in america i live in australia and got my scorpion for $75/95 american

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Depends on who you get them from, use the For Sale and Trade section on the main page and you'll find good deals.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
how much do scorpions cost in america i live in australia and got my scorpion for $75/95 american
I'd pay that much for a Urodacus my favorite scorpion I'll probably never own. One of the coolest scorps in the world.

Scorpions here in America are priced under different conditions, common/rarity, popularity, domestic/foreign, and sometimes hotter scorpions fetch higher prices to keep it out of younger or less experienced keeper. Actually, a dealer could name the factors that influence the market honestly.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also things to take into consideration are clutch sizes. When you say hotter scorps are more expensive, it's usually because they aren't as common as other hot ones, or the dealer strictly sells them and isn't a breeder. Seems the hotter scorps have a lot more sizeable clutches and therefore can be sold for a lesser price. Also scorps that have short gestations can affect prices, they will obviously spit out a lot more than species with long gestations.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its a Lychas alright, but its not a mucky :D

Can u help me get for me ? I'll pay for some of those...

Lychas spp are so nice...sweeeeet :D

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with Raul, the scorp pictured is Lychas mucronatus.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Very sure it's Lychas mucronatus.

John
];')

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wonderfull mucro! this specie has stung me badly! hehehe

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mucky for sure, the mask on the face, and the pattern on the tail,

nice find.
now look for a pair for it.

:p

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...i believe that store have some more...maybe i should go grab all of them? :?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
At $8 a pop I'd grab a few for sure. That's a pretty good price for any scorpion.

John
];')