ID this centipede?

Salvador

Arachnosquire
It has 23 leg bearing segments, so it's from the Scolopocryptopidae family. Probably Scolopocryptops species?

Roly Poly

Arachnopeon
Thanks! S. alternans, that's it! The one in the picture above was quite small as you can see but I saw a HUGE one a couple days ago when lifting up a board on the ground to search for cool little animals. It was so awesome. Wish I'd gotten a picture but it quickly burrowed under the soil and I couldn't find it :( Ah well, I'll probably see it again if I keep looking.

Salvador

Arachnosquire
Thanks! S. alternans, that's it! The one in the picture above was quite small as you can see but I saw a HUGE one a couple days ago when lifting up a board on the ground to search for cool little animals. It was so awesome. Wish I'd gotten a picture but it quickly burrowed under the soil and I couldn't find it :( Ah well, I'll probably see it again if I keep looking.
Check out what I said please, it's not S.alternans :)

Roly Poly

Arachnopeon
Check out what I said please, it's not S.alternans :)
Oh I'm silly lol, I got mixed up with all the S's and assumed S.alternans was 'Scolopocryptops alternans' instead of Scolopendra.

Hmm I'm actually thinking now that the one in the above picture is Scolopocryptops sexspinosus (although that's just guesswork). And the one I saw a couple days ago had to be a different species if that were true since sexspinosus don't get more than like 2 or 3 inches I think.