ID Scolopendra

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
Hi Im Matt from Mexico

I need ID of this Scolopendra in my country they called Yellow Legs Scolopendra.

Attachments

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and maybe a picture from the side so we can see the breathing holes in the skin on the side of the body

very nice picture, it just does not include many features we need for diagnostics

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
my first thought was Ethmostigmus, then i saw where he was located

you know, i got a paper the says there are Ethmostigmus in CA? i should dig it up and post up the pertinent details :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Maybe a shot of the last legs from the underside? Underside of the head may be useful, too. Ah, a mystery.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hm...so this one is really from Mexico?
Then it can't be Ethmostigmus.

I also doubt it's Akymnopellis.
...and I first guessed Cormocephalus, but I don't know any Cormocephalus that lives in Mexico.

Tempting. :D

@caco: You probably refer to Ethmostigmus californicus Chamberlin, 1958.
But Shelley stated in his paper
Shelley, 2002 - A synopsis of the North American centipedes of the order Scolopendromorpha (Chilopoda) that the type locality must have been a labeling error and this species is probably from the old world since there is no Ethmostigmus found in the new world (to date). I think you had that paper in mind.

Cheers
Turgut

Last edited:

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
This pede is not from Mexico I don't now where he from.

I buyed in a Exotic pet shop.

Thansks for the updates

nex time try to get a best photo I think he is goning to molting

Attachments

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lolololol after all that it turns out its just an Ethmostigmus trigonopodus from a pet shop lololol

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lolololol after all that it turns out its just an Ethmostigmus trigonopodus from a pet shop lololol
That's quite unique: A person from a country with some of the most interesting Scolopendra-species goes to a pet shop and buys a pede from Tanzania.
Epic! :D

Cheers
Turgut

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
That's quite unique: A person from a country with some of the most interesting Scolopendra-species goes to a pet shop and buys a pede from Tanzania.
Epic! :D

Cheers
Turgut
Mind readers, you are! ScorpMatt- keep an eye out for your native centipedes...I know many of us here would be ecstatic to see what you find:)

Scorpmatt

Arachnopeon
hahaha Is rare to see a centipede in a pet shop in Mexico :D

From Tanzania is really cool

Thanks everybody to help me

then are two tipes of color of this pede (Ethmostigmus trigonopodus) one with bluerings legs and the other is yellow legs (mine)???

because in the pet shop I rember they have a bluering leg centipede color of skin more darker

I saw rare species in deserts of Mexco like in
Monterrey desert. I need to find those photos and share with us ;) .

Regards:worship:

Last edited: