ID request

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This little guy was found at a grocery store where Mackenzie works, the guy saw him when he was taking out the garbage so we unfortunately don't have any locale info for this little guy. It's about 3" with it's tail, which is damaged and partially regenerated. It's really fast, can't climb class or anything and seems to be lacking femoral pores. We're thinking that it might be some sort of curly tailed lizard but we aren't too familiar with them so we thought someone on here may be able to help us out.

Here are some pics of the cutie:

We just would really like an ID mostly so we know how to set up it's enclosure properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cass

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That would be a lizard... No need to thank me :cool:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cute little lizard. reminds me of a curly tail x fence lizard ahah

looks like it eats crickets, and likes to dig lol

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Yeah, the head looks like the head of the side blotched lizards I catch in St.George.The body looks like that of a curly tail.

I think it's some sort of fence lizard or tree lizard.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look like some kind of fence lizard to me. Is it not a local sp?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow nice find! Sorry I can not help on ID.

I would defiantly keep that and figure out its husbandry!

Congads and good Luck!:D

Keep us posted

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had someone on another forum suggest that it is a Sceloporus sp. which is a species of fence lizard. Looking at pictures online I think that's accurate. It has currently disappeared under the substrate, so you're right about the digging, Crysta.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cass

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had someone on another forum suggest that it is a Sceloporus sp. which is a species of fence lizard. Looking at pictures online I think that's accurate. It has currently disappeared under the substrate, so you're right about the digging, Crysta.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cass
I think its pretty hard to nail down when its a female, because males are usually easier to tell.. lol Glad it likes to dig, but once it gets comfertable it should start climbing everywhere. So be readdy!