Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Id question.

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by ~Androctonus~, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ~Androctonus~

~Androctonus~ Arachnoknight

N/A
    Advertisement
    how can i be sure that this scorplings are P.imp and not Heterometrus sp ?
    who where sent them to me said that them 2i p.imps., but 1 of them is pretty
    agressive as a scorpling, i'm really don't know..

someones's help ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank all,
    -David.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. Younger emps are pretty fiesty themselves and don't get emp like till they mature, but from the distant pics and the quick glance I gave it they look like Hets. A clear close pic of the carapace and chela would help.

3. Xaranx

Xaranx Arachnoprince

A lot of scorpions are generally more aggressive as juveniles, emps included.

4. bjaeger

bjaeger Arachnobaron

Mine was pretty aggressive just a few months ago as a juvenile (and still is one). He's started to calm down. Haven't seen him use his stinger in a while :)

5. ~Abyss~

~Abyss~ Arachnoking Old Timer

Brandon and Xaranx, it's not that they are more aggresive but their undeveloped bodies force them to use their tails more rather than telsons.

6. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

dont mean to sound too dumb, but i thought their tail was their telson?

7. bjaeger

bjaeger Arachnobaron

Their tail is called the metasoma and the main part of their stinger is the telson. The metasoma is broken up into several metasomal segments.

You can check out the anatomy of a scorpion here: http://www.thedailylink.com/thespiralburrow/anatomy/

8. p.estudillo

p.estudillo Arachnopeon

at a glance some will say its a het. spp. but look closely on its pedipalps.
    with a length of 4cm i would say its an emp.

9. i dont know if you can tell at such a young age but i was sold an emp as a het and then later went and purchased a het, i was ignorant at the time but an easy id is to look at the claws, hets are smooth with "ridges" running along them where as emps are full of "pimples", hets claws are sually slightly more elongated

Justin

10. bjaeger

bjaeger Arachnobaron

"pimples" aka granulation ;)

11. yes thank you, jsut tried to sum it up in simpler terms

12. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

learn something new everyday :)

13. bjaeger

bjaeger Arachnobaron

I'm pretty sure that the metasomal segment count is 5 in every scorpion. At least that's what I can tell from my observations.

14. mkieff

mkieff Arachnoknight

I am currently raising 19 of them from a brood back in March. I am amazed at how different each of them can be. I have numbered each of their containers so I can keep track of them, and there are defiantly almost 19 different behaviors. Some of them are diggers, some just hide. Some move very quickly when I check on them, and others just sit their.

I guess what I am saying is that there is not standard rule, every scorp is different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.