Id question.

~Androctonus~

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how can i be sure that this scorplings are P.imp and not Heterometrus sp ?
who where sent them to me said that them 2i p.imps., but 1 of them is pretty
agressive as a scorpling, i'm really don't know..

someones's help ?

Thank all,
-David.

Last edited:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Younger emps are pretty fiesty themselves and don't get emp like till they mature, but from the distant pics and the quick glance I gave it they look like Hets. A clear close pic of the carapace and chela would help.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A lot of scorpions are generally more aggressive as juveniles, emps included.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A lot of scorpions are generally more aggressive as juveniles, emps included.
Mine was pretty aggressive just a few months ago as a juvenile (and still is one). He's started to calm down. Haven't seen him use his stinger in a while :)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brandon and Xaranx, it's not that they are more aggresive but their undeveloped bodies force them to use their tails more rather than telsons.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brandon and Xaranx, it's not that they are more aggresive but their undeveloped bodies force them to use their tails more rather than telsons.
dont mean to sound too dumb, but i thought their tail was their telson?

p.estudillo

Arachnopeon
at a glance some will say its a het. spp. but look closely on its pedipalps.
with a length of 4cm i would say its an emp.

J_dUbz88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont know if you can tell at such a young age but i was sold an emp as a het and then later went and purchased a het, i was ignorant at the time but an easy id is to look at the claws, hets are smooth with "ridges" running along them where as emps are full of "pimples", hets claws are sually slightly more elongated

Justin

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dont know if you can tell at such a young age but i was sold an emp as a het and then later went and purchased a het, i was ignorant at the time but an easy id is to look at the claws, hets are smooth with "ridges" running along them where as emps are full of "pimples", hets claws are sually slightly more elongated

Justin
"pimples" aka granulation ;)

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure that the metasomal segment count is 5 in every scorpion. At least that's what I can tell from my observations.

mkieff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am currently raising 19 of them from a brood back in March. I am amazed at how different each of them can be. I have numbered each of their containers so I can keep track of them, and there are defiantly almost 19 different behaviors. Some of them are diggers, some just hide. Some move very quickly when I check on them, and others just sit their.

I guess what I am saying is that there is not standard rule, every scorp is different.