ID please!

Cringles

Arachnopeon
I know theres a section of the forum for this, but i havent had any replied yet. This was sold to me as a 'Goliath Birdeater' but once it molted, it changed colour, grew darker, nice wavy patterns on parts of its legs, and it had red hairs on its back! just wanted to know is it a T. Blondi or something else. thanks

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like T.blondi to me. They always look more velvety after a moult, well the larger ones anyway.
Nice T !

:D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The red hairs on the abdomen make me think maybe Theraphosa apophysis?? Just a guess.

Cringles

Arachnopeon
yeah, someone else said it could be Theraphosa apophysis, i havent read up on that type of spider, ive been keeping it how i would keep a T. Blondi, it eats a lot and is healthy so must be happy, its still a bit of a mystery what type of T this is, but i suppose its either a T. Blondi, or T. apophusis.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah, someone else said it could be Theraphosa apophysis, i havent read up on that type of spider, ive been keeping it how i would keep a T. Blondi, it eats a lot and is healthy so must be happy, its still a bit of a mystery what type of T this is, but i suppose its either a T. Blondi, or T. apophusis.
If it is Theraphosa apophysis you can safely keep her in the same conditions you would have a Blondi.
I really think that is what it is, but only 80% sure. I am sure someone that knows a bit more on theraphosa will chime in soon.

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is definitely a blondi. My 6'' female just molted and looks exactly like that. The pinkish hairs are a typical characteristic of the goliath.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless its the flash playing games with the lighting and such there is no way thats a Blondi.

Cringles

Arachnopeon
To my humen eye haha, the spider does look like that in person, the picture makes it look a bit brighter. heres a picture of what the spider looked like before it molted. sorry for the red lighting.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That last picture makes me almost change my mind :rolleyes: . They look like two different Ts. Ugg hmm can you try and take a few more of what she looks like now?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like T.blondi to me. i'm 100 percent sure....the redish hairs on the abdomen have nothing to do with it being a Theraphosa apophysis.

nice blondi by the way
tom

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup, definately a Theraphosa blondi. T.blondi looks darker and a bit cleaner when molted, what I mean by cleaner is they look fresh and beautiful. Most blondis begin to look like crap when they haven't molted in awhile.

Anyways great looking T, congrats on the successful molt! Whats its size?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep can agree now as well I just went and did some picture cruzing............

Now you have me wanting one with some red on that rump. :p

Cringles

Arachnopeon
Just took these pictures, im not sure on the size at all,

As for size, this was its last molt, about 2-3 months ago.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gorgeous T, and judging from that molt size, its massive. Somewhere around 7-8" I bet!

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow you either have a little hand or she is huge....good luck..she's beautiful

tom