ID please

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
So, this pic is actually a few yrs old. I just never took the time to try to ID it. Looks like maybe a trapdoor of some sort? I found it after turning over a log, hoping to see some snakes to photograph, but instead this beast was there. I'm in Mississippi, if that helps. Thanks 20170604_090910.jpg

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
yea purseweb-spiders are incredible, i would love to find one someday, truly unique animals

this is an incredible video of them "hunting" in captivity, they basically never leave the web but rather puncture their prey through the web-tube and draw them in.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
yea purseweb-spiders are incredible, i would love to find one someday, truly unique animals

this is an incredible video of them "hunting" in captivity, they basically never leave the web but rather puncture their prey through the web-tube and draw them in.
It’s like it’s showing the process of digestion. 😂

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is anyone else getting slasher flick vibes from watching the silverfish walk around and over the web?

It's like when the hot chick walks into a dark house, and she's grabbing something out of the fridge, starting to undress, feeding the cat - just generally going about her business - but she doesn't turn the lights on, and you know the killer is waiting right there, behind the door...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@chanda Has been watching too many suspense horror movies again.

I prefer the Godzilla version. Nephy strolls on down and grabs the screaming victim.