ID needed, unknown spider

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A friend of mine who lives in Kansas found this spider. He had Botar take a look at it, and even Botar had no idea what it was.....but he took these pics...

Any Ideas???

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is it metallic in coloration? If so, I found one dangling down the side of our garage last week and I too have no clue what it is.

The one I found is a mature male as well. It was pretty though, but sadly he died a few days after capture before I could find an ID, still have the body though.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with Philodromidae. The pentagon shaped abdomen is good for sight IDing this family; especially in mature males.

Latrotoxin

Arachnopeon
Hey. This was a spider I found at work. Thanks Neshan for posting it for me. Ive taken a look at the Philodromidae family. I found some that looked very similar, imparticular the Philodromus dispar male, although the color is all wrong. The spiders color really doesnt come out well in these photos. The legs are a red-orange color. The abdomen is a metallic medium-tone purple. Its a little smaller than 1/2". I live in NE Kansas, so hopefully that will narrow the hunt. I appreciate all the feedback so far!

Latrotoxin

Arachnopeon
Guys, I appreciate the lead to the Philodromus species. Turns out it is a Philodromus marxi, aka the metallic crab spider. Super pumped! I hope to find more! Once again, thanks so much for the help all!

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey. This was a spider I found at work. Thanks Neshan for posting it for me. Ive taken a look at the Philodromidae family. I found some that looked very similar, imparticular the Philodromus dispar male, although the color is all wrong. The spiders color really doesnt come out well in these photos. The legs are a red-orange color. The abdomen is a metallic medium-tone purple. Its a little smaller than 1/2". I live in NE Kansas, so hopefully that will narrow the hunt. I appreciate all the feedback so far!
no problem matt! you should start posting more often!!!