ID needed. Species info and captive care tips if possible

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I found this awesome little bugger on my car after using the ATM. Its small and green (see pics). At first glance I thought it was a green lynx spider but I don't think it is after having the time to take a good look at it. I believe it's a species of jumper possibly Lyssomanes viridis ?

Also if this species is sexually dimorphic can you tell me whether it's male or female?

I currently have it housed in a 32oz deli container with an inch of coco fiber,some bark slabs and a few fake leaves. I hear jumpers prefer larger enclosures to hunt that's why I housed it in a larger deli.. 20170520_121559.jpg 20170520_121758.jpg 20170520_121754.jpg

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think you got your ID right and the 32 oz should be more than enough space for it to wander.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I think you got your ID right and the 32 oz should be more than enough space for it to wander.
Thanks.. Unfortunately I think this is a young male... After doing a little research it turns out that these guys are dimorphic.. In general the males are more slender than the females and they have larger more elongated chelicerae.. When the males are mature there chelicerae get massive.. It makes them look almost ogre like..

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Thanks.. Unfortunately I think this is a young male... After doing a little research it turns out that these guys are dimorphic.. In general the males are more slender than the females and they have larger more elongated chelicerae.. When the males are mature there chelicerae get massive.. It makes them look almost ogre like..
Or it's an adult female. They don't get very large. :)
http://bugguide.net/node/view/1218330

I mean, I don't know, but your specimen matches the one above more or less exactly.