genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:eek: Well, its obviously a pink phase Pamphobeteus chacoana/jungi

or an Opisthopernous Poustra!!!!

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I didnt get it.. I was going to buy it.. But I wanted to wait to find out what it was.. The web site is www.reptiledepot.com they said it was a "Carlsbad Green Tarantula"??? And I dont know what the hell that it...

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say it is definetly an aphoponelma species. It is hard to tell with the coloring. I was thinking Mexican Blonde(Chalcodes) or Rio Grande Gold(Moderatum).
Pam

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by pamandron
I would say it is definetly an aphoponelma species. It is hard to tell with the coloring. I was thinking Mexican Blonde(Chalcodes) or Rio Grande Gold(Moderatum).
Pam
I agree. Looks like a typical Aphonopelma chalcodes. But I've been known to be wrong :D
john

slice9

Arachnopeon
Don't buy from places that can't get a name right. If they can't even do that right then imagine what kind of shape its gonna be in when it arrives at your house........

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
a Carlsbad Green is by all accounts an as-of-yet unclassified subspecies of Aphonopelma. you should be able to find quite a few pictures online. some of the ones i've seen look like the T you have there. so, perhaps they were correct. :)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's not a Carlsbad Green (Aphonopelma unknown sp.).

Looks like your average "Blonde" which could be anything from A. chalcodes to some other similar looking species. Very difficult to tell from one pic.

bill

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's DEF not a carlsbad. I have one, albeit a juvie, but Ive seen the adults first hand. They seem to be a pretty interesting T. A guy in pittsburgh sold it to me for $20. not bad! He also had a HUGE T.blondi for about $190...

Thats it :)

peace,
dave

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't buy from places that can't get a name right. If they can't even do that right then imagine what kind of shape its gonna be in when it arrives at your house........
Thats the thing... Its like they know some latin names but not all of them are posted... www.reptiledepot.com they have a pretty nice selection of T's though( For a place that is supposed to sell reptiles!)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aphonopelma chalcodes. I was going to say A. moderatum, but I don't see the dark leg banding.

Andy

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah. I looked at their bug assortment and it is pretty impressive but also pretty hit-and-miss as to the ammount of info given as well as accuracy.

I find that with a lot of places, bugs aren't really their forte and thus they often don't know the scientific names etc. It doesn't mean their care is completley off (lets face it, T care is pretty simple and you don't REALLY need the scientific names to know how to take care of something) but it is one warning sign that further investigation is warrented.

Cheers,
Dave

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't mean to rag on another dealer, but some of their spiders pictured look a tad the worse for wear and/or mature males. And I can see why they tend not to post Latin Names... "Cyclosensternum fasciata"?

That said, I hope the thread starter obtained permission for posting their "Carlsbad Green" (sic) pic.

b