Id like more knowledge

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
im looking at getting my first camera for taking macro shots of my spiders and some photos out on the trails. im a complete noob to the whole selection of cameras and lenses lol so if anyone could share what they use and what the uses for your accessories are im really interested. ill be looking for a photography forum site as well too learn more. maybe i can share some of the ones i find afterwards and you guys can help me decide whats right for me.

brieculver

Arachnopeon
This might not help much, but I know the tarantula collective posts all his equipment in his videos! and his video quality is so good and well lit up!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Are you looking to go all in with a DSLR or equivalent? Whats your budget etc..

newscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
Are you looking to go all in with a DSLR or equivalent? Whats your budget etc..
Im not sure what i should look for, but ive been looking at ones that are DSLR, as they can have more lenses attachment, and while mirror-less are lighter and sometimes better for videos. "Mirrorless cameras were more compact, but that was it. Almost always, a DSLR could focus faster, shoot faster, had a much better viewfinder, and more often than not produced superior image quality." not sure i understand everything but i think dslr is the way for me. My budget is flexible(ish) id like to buy at least the body second hand to make it a little cheaper. anywhere from 500 to 1500 i figure would get me some more than okay results.

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
If you haven't buy some camera mags,and get a review mag.lists all cameras from high to low.it will give you some understanding.more lenses?

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Find a full frame DSLR...plenty of options...Sony Alpha a7II, Nikon, Cannon...plenty of quality used bodies out there for reasonable prices.

Whichever route you choose find QUALITY glass. A single good macro(micro) lens is all you need.

Several speedlights that will allow you a high speed synch will also do wonders. The more light the deeper your focal plane can be.

Attachments