ID help

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,

Looks like an Opistophthalmus sp. to me.

Cheers.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agre with Ryan. You probably won't get past IDing without sending very detailed pictures or a molt to someone who knows the genus. I just sent off a package to Lorenzo which will tell me what species I got. It looks a lot likes yours, so maybe it is the same species but you never know.

Mike

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know the pics aren't the worlds greatest...

thanks for the input guys

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well,

one can never be 100% sure with Id'ing from pictures, but it looks like Opistopthalmus adustus. this species is similar in overall coloration and the last caudal segment is also darkened.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Again... thanks for the input. i knwo it's a pain to ID from just pics (especially bad ones)., but atleast now i have more of an idea to what species it is than i did when i ordered it.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
it looks like Opistopthalmus adustus.
If this is the case (and I'm quite sure it is not, given the relative bulk of the metasoma), then there has been a bit of a geographical error, as this species comes from Namibia.

Cheers,
Dave

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
assuming that it's point of origin was actually Tanzania (which i can't confirm) it would be either Opistophthalmus boehmi or Opistophthalmus glabrifrons and from the pictures i have seen of both species if i were to make a guess I'd go with Opistophthalmus boehmi, but i'll refrain from saying that that's definitely correct.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Bayushi, I wanted to say Opistophthalmus boehmi also but I am not all too familiar with those types and didn't want to give poor advice.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well did a bit more research on the bugger. Seems O. boehmi only get around 5 centimeters (1.97 inches) and if it is indeed what i have, then it's an adult. (again that's assuming the info i found is correct).

I'll try to get better pictures soon. Also does anyone have a pectine count for male/female or know if there is a different way to sex them?